User Password doesn't work in Roboguide

• Hello.

I Roboguide cell from robot back up. Robot controller has multiple users setup with passwords, and I am one of them. I used my password which is at "Program" level to back up robot. However when I open cell in Roboguide the password which is works on real controller does't work in Roboguide. I am not sure why. I am wondering if there is way to remove passwords or somehow disable them in Roboguide? Thank you, Any help appreciated.

• I have had absolutely no success whatsoever in transferring passwords setup on one device to another. The best bet is to have the install user disable the passwords and take the backup, then re-enable the passwords. You should then be able to load it into RoboGuide without the passwords. I would be hesitant to put a modified version back onto the robot, as i have found transfering between robots seems to scramble the syspass file and change the passwords from what they were set at. I have not revisited this issue in 6 months.

• Thank you. In the past DCS passwords always worked for me, and I think DCS and user passwords stored in the safe file. We only have one robot which password protected with user levels, and somehow this doesn't work.

• Hello.

I Roboguide cell from robot back up. Robot controller has multiple users setup with passwords, and I am one of them. I used my password which is at "Program" level to back up robot. However when I open cell in Roboguide the password which is works on real controller does't work in Roboguide. I am not sure why. I am wondering if there is way to remove passwords or somehow disable them in Roboguide? Thank you, Any help appreciated.

You need to update your roboguide version. It was a knowbug on older rev.

Advertising from our partners