Meaning of TAG in ServoFloat Function

• Hi everyone, I would like to know what significat has the TOOL ORIENT'N TAG in the LINEAR SERVOFLOAT function.

Attached is an image to let you understand which TAG I refer to.

Tank you very moutch

• Enables or disables the tool orientation control for linear servofloat operations.

When the tool orientation control is enabled:

Keeps the tool tip in the same orientation during the linear servofloat operation as that at the start of the operation.

When the tool orientation control is disabled:

Does not keep the tool tip in the same orientation during the linear servofloat operation as that at the start of the operation. “ON” indicates that the tool orientation control is enabled. “OFF” indicates that the control is disabled.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• What is the substantial difference, in activating it or not, on the mechanics of the instrument.

I assume it is preferable to activate the orientation control on the tool.

• It is a case by case basis. The original intent was for a die cast machine. But once an option is learned, the end user can use it however they want.

In most die casting, I would want tool orientation on. But depending on how the ejector pins extend I might want the tool orientation to float and not care where the tool ends up.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners