Emergency Stop Inoperative

• I cannot seem to get rid of this error Red on Top of the HMI that says "Emergency Stop Inoperative" I have the Jumpers installed in the X11 Plug as shown in picture which is the KRC4 Standard NA Version. I am trying to use a SICK Safety SCANNER with CIP Safety to connect with the KRC4 but that is proving to be a challenge after SICK stated it was an easy thing to do, no documentation on either side of someone connecting one of these before.

KSS 8.5.8

WoV 5.0.10 Build 0927

• That pendant display looks completely different from what I see on a KRC4 with KSS 8.5.8. What kind of robot is this?

Normally, I would only expect to see that bar if you were using Startup Mode to bypass the safeties, but KUKA got rid of that red bar several minor KSS revs ago.

• This is a KR22 R1610-2 with a KRC4-NA. I actually now have a Red Bar With a message "Emergency Stop Only Local". I received this robot in 2 weeks ago and just messing with Error messages and OS stuff would like to get the writing code part and teaching points but just cant get past Errors.

• banner can be gray or red or missing

gray banner means no safety interface is defined or active so drives cannot be enabled by safety circuit. no StartUp mode is possible. solution is to configure one of four possible safety interfaces.

red banner means safety interface is configured and active but not happy. normally this is displayed when using network based safety (CIP Safety, ProfiSafe or FSoE) and SafetyPLC is not connected or KRC is unable to find its safety master. in this case StartUp mode is possible so one can move robot etc but operation in AUT or EXT is not possible. solution is to get SafetyPLC and KRC talking.

missing banner means safety interface is present and working....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yeah I was able to figure it out by disabling the SafeOP and just using CIB-STD for now. I do have a SICK Safety Laser Scanner that has CIP Safety (New to Sick Laser Scanners) so I purchased the robot to have SafeOp and planned to use CIP Safety on the KUKA to have them talk but it is proving quite the challenge.

Sick doesn't have much Info and neither does Focus on getting these two to talk.

For now I'm just using X11 jumpered to get this working.

• what...?

KRC4 can use CIP safety, but only as a slave. Laser scanners and various other sensors that that can use CIP safety are aalso slaves only. In other words they can NEVER talk to each other directly. They all need MASTER and that would be - CIP Safety capable SafetyPLC.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners