Idea's to extend the card reader on XRC Motoman Robots

• Heya all!

Just a quick question, I work with primarily Motoman XRC robots in a milling fashion. Our electricians on our maintenance crew have been researching how to extend the card reader inbuilt into the Motoman cabinet so us programmers dont have to require an electrician to come down and open the cabinet so the robotic programmers can have them insert the card and upload a .jbi file (we recently got a hold of some fantastic Offline Programmer software which requires us to be constantly uploading .jbi files through the inbuilt card reader). We are sort of coming up dry, the closest an electrician found is an extender that extends the connection by about 150mm but we can't find anything longer.

Was just wondering if others have had similar issues and have found a way around it.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• You can buy FDE for Windows that you install on a PC and plug into the RS232 connector in the pendant. You can do the same backups or load the same files from the PC and if you need to plug your CF card into the PC.

Robodoc

• You can buy FDE for Windows that you install on a PC and plug into the RS232 connector in the pendant. You can do the same backups or load the same files from the PC and if you need to plug your CF card into the PC.

Heya Robodoc!

Thank you for your help, is there any chance you can link me to a site that sells FDE? I've looked around and can't seem to find any websites selling it.

I have found a bunch of free ones selling Floppy Disk Emulators but thats about it. I just don't wanna install bad software onto my work computer lol.

This is one I found:

https://www.itsupportguides.co…-7/floppy-drive-emulator/

Not exactly sure if that is correct or not :thinking_face:

Thank you once again!

• FDE for Windows that RoboDoc is talking about is a Yaskawa product. Sold only by them.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• FDE for Windows that RoboDoc is talking about is a Yaskawa product. Sold only by them.

Ahh Thank you 95Devils! Looking on Yaskawa websites now for anything but coming up short - Have emailed their customer service department for assistance :smiling_face:

Thank you kindly!

• Wow, so you can actually buy FDE for Windows that you install on a PC and plug into the RS232 connector in the pendant? I have never even thought about that, I guess I was thinking that it is kind of impossible and there is no point in trying it out. If it actually works the way Robodoc described it, then it has to be the best option actually. Man, I have to try it immediately!

Buy 20 years old SW for Windows 95? Seriously? Read Data Transmission Manual and make it by yourself. It is easy

UPD: It takes one hour to upload 50.000 points jobs via RS232

• First of all FDE for windows is updated on a regular basis. It works on Windows 10 with no problems. So, yes the original software is 20 years old, but with that mind set so is Windows IOS and Android.

Second of all you are trying to work on a robot that was discontinued 15 years ago, so the software by your account is almost as old as your robot.

Third, why not put the CF card in your robot and leave it there. You can do your backups when you want, no one has to open a door and put in or take out a card. This way no one loads the wrong backup from the network to the wrong robot.

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners