fanuc and IO link

• I have not used IO link yet in plc or a fanuc robot but i am looking into it. I see that you need a IO link master for the AB plc but has anyone use IO link sensors connected directly to a fanuc robot?

• What you are referring to are two different "IO Link" busses. The popular sensor bus "IO Link" is a device level protocol. FANUC's IO Link is a proprietary serial bus. They are two separate protocols.

yes i understand this. I am asking if anyone has controlled an IO link device like an IFM Master IO link module to connect sensors to. So say i wanted to keep all devices in my system the same and the rest of the system is using IFM IO link modules, then i would attach one to the Fanuc EOAT and plug all sensor in to it. I would have to configure it using ethernet IP scanner option.

• I have not used IO link yet in plc or a fanuc robot but i am looking into it. I see that you need a IO link master for the AB plc but has anyone use IO link sensors connected directly to a fanuc robot?

Yes used Balluff IO Link straight connect to robot over Ethernet/IP

• Well since your mapping the IO through the robot and not the PLC you pretty much negate a lot of the benefits of IO-Link devices like the modularized coding (pre-designed AOI's from the manufacture) and any interactive face plates that have been created for the product.

• Yes used Balluff IO Link straight connect to robot over Ethernet/IP

I'm using Balluf IO Link, but I'm having some troubles with mapping. The ports are set as IO Link but for the mapping of the signals it only let me us a range of signals as if it was a normal module... could you provide me a backup or give some advice? I don't know for sure if I have to do additional configurations or something... Thanks in advance :smiling_face:

• I'm using Balluf IO Link, but I'm having some troubles with mapping. The ports are set as IO Link but for the mapping of the signals it only let me us a range of signals as if it was a normal module... could you provide me a backup or give some advice? I don't know for sure if I have to do additional configurations or something... Thanks in advance :smiling_face:

can i look this in Teach pendant?

hi,good day, my name´s isai, have a problem with a kuka krc4, I want uninstall the PLC , I want a have only the robot , but the robot has jummer x311 , is for profisafety , I cant take off "kss00404" , and I cant fit out motors , can you help me?

(only I want a have the robot , I want a take off PLC safety)

Advertising from our partners