Attribute change for TP program

• Greeting

I'm trying to use 'Autoexe" with 'RUN" for TP programs.

I was able to change the setting for Group mask and Ignore pause.

How do I access and change the setting for "BSY_LAMP_OFF" and "ABORT_REQUEST"? in Teach Pendnat? Also descriptions for code such as ABORT_REQUEST=3 or 7?

Thanks in advance

• They are not accessible from the teach pendant. You will have to write them offline as a .ls file, and then load that into the robot if you have ASCII upload, or compile it with roboguide if you do not.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• The .LS file extension is the same as a text file. It can be opened in notepad on Windows and similar text editors. The Benefit of saving your programs in the .LS format rather than the .TP format is that you can edit the program on the PC or even your phone and you won’t have to touch the robot. This is something that can be done naturally with Motoman robots but with Fanuc the .TP files still reign supreme.

Converting the Fanuc Robot .TP (or Teach Pendant) files to text (or .LS file) is very simple; however, be aware that not all Fanuc robots will have the ability to do so. It requires a purchased software option called ASCII Upload and it can run you $500 or more. The .LS files are KAREL listing files that break down the KAREL commands into single line statements much like what is viewed on the TP when programming.

Although, if you already have WinOLPC or a version of Roboguide on your PC then you can create a software version of your robot with that option and convert everything in the software. (Example of option in software below)

Advertising from our partners