step mode indicator

• I made a BG job to turn off step mode when the TP is off and the system is in auto by using variable $SSR.$SINGLESTEP. I tested it and I can see that the variable changes from 1 to 0. However, when I do this, the step mode indication on the TP (upper LH corner) does not turn off and remains yellow. Does anyone know if those indicators are tied to a variable or what I can do to get that to turn off when it is supposed to?

To clear it, I have to turn the TP on, put it in step, and then back out of step in order to get rid of the step mode indication.

• That is one of the quirks with using that variable. I only use it for outputting single step status. Never writing to it, as I've had the same issues as you are seeing.

I usually just setup the system to turn off single step when the robot is fired up in auto, by using the production check under program select under the setup menu.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• The variable is just a statusindicator just as the led on the teachpendant, and just as disabeling the led, changing the variable don't change the step-mode itself.

I use it in my start-program.

I look at the variable and when it is in step-mode, I abort the program, prompting the operator to disable the step-mode and start again.

Advertising from our partners