Speed reduction with beckhoff controller

• I want to synchronize speed of kuka robot to match that of a conveyor with the help of an encoder. Can i do that with KUKA's internal programming? I am getting speed values and position value in the KRC.

• Sure no problem, what is keeping you from achieving your goal?

Please read the "read first" topic, supply all the necessary information and then ask a specific question or describe your problem. don't make us guess.

So for example in your case is assume you want to pick or place something from or on a moving conveyor. and i also have to assume you want a gripper to synchronize with the belt before picking or placing a object. In case of picking i also have to assume you have some sort of trigger to detect a product and from where your program needs to start to synchronize its TCP speed with that of the conveyor.

Do you see my problem here?

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• that means knowing system well and being able to exploit certain features for given situation. so... good luck. ConveyorTech is a low cost option and likely it will still give you enough of a chalenge.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Panic's right.

About the only way I can see to even try this without ConveyorTech would be to write a fast SPS loop that monitors the encoder and manipulates $OV_PRO on the fly. But that'll be a pretty crude approximation of what CT does, and probably would only work at low speeds and with a conveyor whose speed is pretty stable.

A far-out option might be to try using the Function Generator (which underpins CT), but that feature is so undocumented that that would be a high-risk approach without bringing in someone who knows all its ins and outs. And there's darn few of those people, even inside KUKA.

Advertising from our partners