ALARM 4754 M-SAF EXESP DIAG. ERROR

• YRC1000 with GP25 ALARM 4754 M-SAF EXESP DIAG. ERROR

This error code has been popping up the last couple of days on two of our robots in a line of five. (Robots two and four.) Under the error code it says to reset and if the problem continues to replace the ASF01 board. I find it hard to believe that two boards in newer robots are bad. But I've been proven wrong before. My Question is what can be causing this error? I also don't understand what this board is for. We have been powering down the controller to clear the error to get the line back up and running, but i'm afraid this can make matters worse. Any help is appreciated.

• EXESP is external e-stop. On the inside of the controller door by the hinges is a terminal strip. Terminals 5 and 6 are circuit 1. Terminals 7 and 8 are circuit 2. I also doubt that two new boards are bad. You could unplug the ribbon cable at both ends. Check the pins look straight and at the same height. You could also pull the ASF board out, check the pins and re-seat everything.

With a line of 5 controllers you could also swap the ASF boards from one to another to see if the problem follows. My guess is the problem is from the terminal strip out to the external e-stop chain, unless the terminals are jumpered.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• What version of software are you using? Should be a sticker on the door and say something like YAS2.92.00A-00. Also does the controller have a top mount cabinet with a flip up door? If so, the terminal strip I was talking about may be in there.

I just ran into the same intermittent alarm.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Running version YAS2.20.00A-00. The terminal strip is in side the door. We haven't had the error since last week since wednesday AM. I did not get a chance to check the connections yet as the line is running. I also found out that the company that installed the line had the error also, about a month and a half ago.

• I have checked over the E-stop wiring and switches and still getting the error. It happens very sporadically, once or twice every few weeks. I was just standing on the line when it happened today. Not sure why it happened then. As i said before it is not just one controller its is happening on all five. I'll contact Yaskawa and the Company who installed them again. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Advertising from our partners