multiple errors in KRC2

• Hi All,

I have recently started working with KRC2 robot. Robot was working fine when I started but then suddenly one day It started throwing multiple errors in the following sequence i.e.

-> Calibration reference switch defect

-> SafeRDW szstem error 3002 [3]

-> Drives contractor off

-> Brake test required

Robot has an extruder, but I checked the cables and there is no damage (external) due to heat.

Could someone help me troubleshoot the issue.

• For future reference, please read the READ FIRST topic.

SafeRDW indicates a hardware fault in the electronics at the base of the robot arm. It also indicates that this robot uses KUKA SafeOperation.

SafeOp requires the use of a "mastering reference switch," which should be mounted somewhere in the cell. The robot must reach out and "touch" this switch periodically, roughly every 48hrs, or whenever the robot has been rebooted. The "calibration switch error" indicates an issue with this switch. Since, IIRC, this switch is wired directly to the SafeRDW card in the base of the robot, these two errors may be related.

"Drives contactor off" is not an error, simply a status. It will go away as soon as the motors are energized.

"Brake test required" is another self-test, similar to the mastering reference, that the robot needs to carry out periodically for SafeOp. Once the robot is running again, the robot should carry out the brake test (moving each axis a couple degrees with a "ka-chunk" sound), testing the motor torque against the brakes.

• mastering reference should only be needed on power up. brake test is needed on powerup and then periodically as well.

i would say get closer look on anything connected to SafeRDW for signs of damage, that includes mastering reference switch and it's cable. on KRC2 this wires back to SafeRDW. switch or cable could be toast. if you are not lucky, RDW is a toast...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners