Epson RC+ T6 Torque Limiting

• G'evening All - does anyone have experience with using the torque limiting features/commands with Epson robots? I've got a T6 that I'm going to be using to load a machine tool, and need to make sure the part is seated properly. Inconsistent part length (less than 0.010") means the 'load' position needs to be variable, or my tool needs to be compliant in the one direction. Rather than make the EOAT more complex than it needs to be, I'd like to accomplish the same end result in the program.

I'm looking at the 'LimitTorqueLP' (Limit Torque in Low Power Mode) statement - am I simply going to get collision detects all the time if I use this command when loading the collet?

If that's the result, can I turn off collision detect, set the speeds and torques way low, drive to the 'stall' point when loading, grip the part with the collet, release the part from the gripper, turn off torque limiting and turn collision detect back on, then resume the rest of the cycle?

I guess my question is 'what does the Limit Torque function actually do?

Thanks all!

• Hi

I have a program that I could email you were it shows the application

Basically, you set up low and high values on a variable , run the torque command and make decisions.

We use it for vision and pickup. We find the part, we go to pick it up and if we crash (torque value ) in the process, the robot returns, takes another picture and we start again.

Send me a message with you email if you want it

Retired but still helping

• Hola

Tengo un programa que podría enviarle un correo electrónico donde muestra la aplicación.

Básicamente, configura valores bajos y altos en una variable, ejecuta el comando de torque y toma decisiones.

Lo usamos para visión y captación. Encontramos la pieza, vamos a recogerla y si chocamos (valor de par) en el proceso, el robot vuelve, hace otra foto y empezamos de nuevo.

Envíame un mensaje con tu correo electrónico si lo deseas.

Hola podrías enviarme el programa por email?? soy nuevo en este tema y estoy programando un robot VT6L gracias por la respuesta

• Hi

I have a program that I could email you were it shows the application

Basically, you set up low and high values on a variable , run the torque command and make decisions.

We use it for vision and pickup. We find the part, we go to pick it up and if we crash (torque value ) in the process, the robot returns, takes another picture and we start again.

Send me a message with you email if you want it

Hello.

I am working on a simmilar thing that you described with a Epson Scada robot. I have to press to a backrest in order to cut a part.

Would you be willing to share the code ?

My idea is to use TC Lim function and then lower the Z axis until torque reaches a certain amount, so that I will know if I pressed on the backrest.

Cheers.
    Aleix

Advertising from our partners