VIPA HMI smart panel connection to DX200

• Hello,

I have a task to connect VIPA HMI Smart Panel (HA1-71A41-0) to DX200 controller via Ethernet, in order to set data exchange and robot control: production amount counters, sensors reading, alarms monitor, robot run/stop etc.

I am using Movicon 11.6 to create graphical interface and to set communication driver and real time database for variable transmission. Yaskawa High Speed Ethernet driver has been installed in Movicon.

In EtherNet/IP(CPU Board) settings I set HMI panel as a scanner.

But something is going wrong - in Universal Inputs there are IN#20065 and IN#20066 on, responding that communication error has occured.

Could you please help me with information/manuals or any Movicon project example, to set correct connection?

Thank you in advance.

• So in case you weren't able to find it on VIPA's website, here is a link to the manual for the HA1-71A41. There are also Movicon manuals available but they are behind a registration wall so I can't link you directly to them.

A communication error, assuming you've got it connected on the hardware side properly suggests there is either a driver or a firmware incompatibility. I've not set up the specific configuration you're doing, but based on a few minutes researching the various manu websites, I've got a couple of questions.

1. Have you run the proprietary startup manager on the VIPA's prepackaged OS?

2. In Movicon, you're setting the Yaskawa drivers up for the project, as well as in the DB Realtime settings?

'

3. Is the DX200 even compatible with this setup? Movicon appears to be designed toward PLC synchronization moreso than monitoring what a DX200 is up to. Have you considered using Motoman's HMI software instead?

I apologize, as I'm by no means an expert but as you haven't had any replies yet I thought I'd do a little research and educate myself as well. It does appear as though you can write your own drivers for Movicon relatively intuitively so maybe look into that - if you're getting errors flagged on input then I would confidently infer that it's most likely some sort of driver issue with Movicon.

• Hello,

Thak you very much for publishing sample project for HMI.

I successfully connected and set up robot status display (teach/play/remote or servo on/holded/running etc.), as was done in your sample project.

Also, thanks to this project sample, I set variable tranmission between robot and HMI.

I have some difficulties with IO status and control - in sample project I found the screen related to reading and writing, but unfortunately could not understand how controls work there, also there are no physical addresses for Yaskawa driver.

Could you please somehow explain, how to get IO statuses from robot to HMI, or to control robot outputs from HMI?

Thank you in advance.

• Hello,

You couldn't control robot outputs from HMI directly, if you for it please use network inputs. You must connect every output that you like for control in DX200 ladder. Connect one of network input address to output that you will.

For read status of input or output, create a variable with unsigned 8 bit and use address without end number. It means define output 3003. For example you define variable with name out1-status. When you will see status of 30030, put a lamp and use address "out1-status.0"

It will give you status of 30030. If you will see status of 30032, put "out1-status.2"

I hope it can help you.

• Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I tried as you recommended, and it worked.

I also tried to use buttons to control robot network inputs, but here I faced some difficulties. First I set varable for button TestVar and defined as 2701 (first network input group). Then I set different end numbers and got these results on robot:

TestVar.0 - in robot I had 0000_0001

TestVar.1 - in robot I had 0000_0010

TestVar.2 - in robot I had 0000_0100

TestVar.3 - in robot I had 0000_1000

what in decimal are 1, 2, 4 and 8.

Could you tell me please, how could I transfer other digits besides those mentioned?

Thank you in advance.

• The first network input is from 27010 to 27017.

When the 27010 (testVar.0) is used the first bit of 8 bit become ON.(0000-0001)

When use 27011 (testVar.1) the second bit become ON(0000-0010)

When use 27017 (testVar.7) the end bit become ON(1000-0000).

• Hello,

Thank you for your helpful answer.

It really helped me to break free from deadlock.

I do not want to seem impertinent, but I would like to ask one more question.

I carefully studied the sample project, but I could not find or concoct myself how to implement these functions:

1. external hold on/off control from HMI panel

2. robot emergency stop status reading

3. job file selection for robot. I found functionabe table with required variables for job list reading, but there is no ability to choose any for robot execution.

Could you please help me with any advice how these tasks could be done?

Thank you in advance.

• Thanks All, I did find it in the Zip File. But lets say it wasnt in the Zip.File, where would I find it otherwise ?

Would I need to ask my Yaskawa Rep for it ?

Also Where can I find information on how to use the Newwork Inputs and Outputs addressing ?

Advertising from our partners