Allen Bradley to FANUC R30iA on Ethernet IP

• I am just starting with Robots and still am a student. For my project I am communicating a FANUC R30iA with AB L32E PLC.

I have tried following steps from this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1. I can ping the PLC from the teach pendant and I can ping both the robot and PLC on the PC.

2. I have setup the Robot IP on a Ethernet Driver on RSlinx classic. Its missing an EDS and its showing up as a question mark with a RED cross.

3. When I set up the Rack Number on the I/O on the teach pendant as 89 for Ethernet IP its giving me a Port Number Invalid error.

4. In the PLC after setting the robot IP on a generic Ethernet IP driver I am not able to communicate with the robot.

Any solutions or ideas which might work ??

• There is no option in I/Os for EthernetIP.

In this case is there any solution to communicate on ethernet IP ?

buy EthernetIP/Adapter option from Fanuc.

E/IP option should be installed and shows in I/O section for communication over EthernetIP.

As a plan B you can check whatelse you have Profibus/ProfiNET/DeviceNet/etc. And use Anybus converter to translate communication protocol into EthernetIP.

Advertising from our partners