Uploading project from robotcontroller, manipulator not yet connected

• Our system is KRC4 8.5.7 HF1 and KR 90 R3100 extra HA.
    Next week our new robot and robot controller will arrive.
    Because of some logistic reason, I will be able to put power on the KRC4 cabinet, but won't be able to connect the manipulator already to the cabinet.
    I should want to make an upload of the system on the controller (Workvisual : browse for project, then save on labtop).
    So, I can continue my preparations at the office with the initial project of the real controller.
    Now I was doubting if because the manipulator will not yet be connected this could be a problem.
    At intial startup (first time new robot controller and manipulator are received from Kuka) are the essential data that are read from the RDC on the robot, that I would need in the upload of the project?
    The purpose was to upload the initial project, doing offline modifications and afterwards deploying the changed project on the real controller.

• there is a merge projects function in WoV. if you plan on powering controller without arm, i would say get also KOP files from D:\

you can also change controller environment so it does not look for robot arm. then you can program and test code right on the controller.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners