Nachi Robots vrs ABB vrs Fanuc

• Hi,

Have a customer requesting we use a nachi robot,

Just wondering if anyone has used theses, ad what there experience with them was, against something like a Fanuc or an ABB

thing Id like to know,

Ease of programming - Teach pendant only or Via a laptop ?

Tech support and documentation good ? aka manuals

Profinet set up comms etc

Probably being requested to use them because they are cheaper just want to make sure I am not ending up in a horror show so the cusotmer can save 2k on some hardware

Thanks in advance

• I personally have a very low opinion of Nachi robots. Some people like them, but even they mostly agree that the controller is rather primitive and not very friendly for doing advanced programming on.

For very simple tasks, it's sufficient. But that's the highest praise I can give it.

• NACHI robots are mostly programmed via teach pendant, as far I can tell.

You can convert robot programs to ASCII format, edit them on laptop, and upload them to the robot again.

They have a simulator, called FD on Desk, but it isn't very user friendly, and there isn't a real PC interface, like ABB RobotStudio.

I only (barely) know TOYOTA NACHIS, and they have some customizations. I don't konw if a vanilla NACHI would be better or worst, in this regard.

As a curiosity side note, NACHI is among the few Japanese manufacturers that use the SLIM robot programming language, as proposed by Japanese Industrial Standards Association.

• Thanks for the replies.

Its what I was thinking.

I will try my best to get them to go for another brand.

It sounds like its just another instance of some pen pusher with no clue requesting the cheapest hardware possible to save the company a few 1000's in the short term.

And I will be stuck sorting out the consequences.

• Nachi definitely appeals to the lowest-cost mindset. And for dead-simple applications, it can even work out. But beyond the simplest of applications, in my opinion you'll start paying for that up-front savings in back-end frustration and technological struggles.

Advertising from our partners