KUKA VKRC4 Offset Movement

• Hello Everyone.

I am looking for help regarding offset movements in VKRC4.

I have to offset the pickup points. However I am not sure how one does it in VKRC4. I have experience with Offset movement in normal KUKA. My rights are however limited with VKRC4.

Thanks

• On VKRC4, you achieve this through VW-User instructions, like Rel-Bewegung.

I think newer VASS releases have more options.

What is the VSS of Your robot? And what version o Roboter Standard you are using?

• Hello

Thanks for the reply

I work with VSS 8.3 and VKRC4.

I found the 8.1 version of KUKA MAnual. If someone has the latest version, could you share it here.

• Hi Massula

A quick question to start the VW KUKA Robot in Ext mode.

The robot works perfect in T2 and the Brake Test, Mastering test works well. However I couldnt start the robot in Ext, because the robot always give an error " Warte auf folgestart"

I can read the program number signal bit in my IO List, however the folgenumber is always zero

Thanks

• Hi, chickenkiller

Warte auf folgenstart means PLC isn't sending You E9 (SRB) signal.

At first, I can presume some causes for this (considering Your robot is using VASS standard).

Robot isnt sending A15 (PF0 / Home Position) signal to PLC.

Robot isn't sending A16 (BCO/SAK reached) signal to PLC

Robot isn't mirroring received folge number to PLC

SAK and Folgen Number handshake (R_FBIT) are generated automatically, since they are properly configured on Automatic External section.

But PF0 must be programmed on every first line, of every folgen (not UPs), before Warte auf Folgenstart instruction

Code
    PTP VB=100% VE=0% ACC=100% RobWzg=1 Base=0 SPSTrig=0[1/100s] P
        1: A15 = EIN
        2:SPSMAKRO0 = EIN
    Warte auf Folgenstart
  • Hello Massula

Thanks for the message

The following is how i configured my Input/Output signals to quickly match the VKRC4. I presume that the provided list is a KRC4 Input/Output List.

If so its KRC4, could you please help me how to translate or match the signals correctly for a VKRC4 Robot.

I tried it myself, however, the robot always respond " Warte auf gueltige folgenummer". I can read the exact input and output for signals from plc in my Inputs/Outputs display, however the folgenummer is not written with these signals.

ANTEIN = $DRIVES_ON[42]

FOLGESTART, SRB = diPrgNoValid[33]

P_TYPE = 0(INT)

P_FBIT = 17

P_LEN = 8

Ausgang

R_FBIT = $OUT[17]

Bereit = $PERI_RDY [42]

RK23 = Ich weiß nicht genau von die EA Liste

RK8 = $SS_MODE[39]

RK9 = $EXT[52]

LPKT = doJobEnd [68]

PF0 = $IN_HOME

SAK = $ON_PATH

I am also attaching the IO List for your reference.

My Home position is the Start position, hence on start the signal is communicated to the PLC.

• Hello, chickenkiller.

The examples I gave on my last post were for a VKRC4.

Althought I'm didn't touched a VKRC4 on last months, this list You posted here doesn't look like a standard VASS mapping.

Take a look at KS_TEIL_5_1_01_ROB-SLAVE_BASIC.xlsm document (picture attached).

If all of Your signals are ok, You should check with the PLC programmer what signals she/he is expectingg to send Folge Start to robot.

We normally doesn't need to tamper with $config.dat to configure Automatic External signals.

To access Your Automatic External configuration, on SmartPad You go to

Konfiguration > Ein-/Ausgange > Automatik Extern and configure Your signals from there

On Automatic Extern picture, You will see the configs from a VKRC4 running Roboter Standard KS26

• Hello Massula

Thanks for your message. As stated the IO list provided to me was from KRC4. I tried to study how it works and it was a problem at the PLC side as I didnt get the synchronized input signals. Right now we have framed the correct signals needed from KRC4 IO list. At the moment it works fine, however needs further correction at the PLC signal.

I am attaching the Manual name here also the screenshot of the signal flow diagram which I referred.

I am not sure if I can attach the manual here

VSS_83_SI_de.pdf

• Just a tip:

Regarding VKRC4, and VW robots in general, is better consult VASS documentation (including their musterprojekts) than the manufacturers documentation.

This Automatic External sequence, for example, isn't a thing an integrator normally shoud care, since most of times it already came configured from KUKA.

Take a look at the WorkVisual project bundled inside VASS documentation. And ask You PLC friend to look at PLC (TIA Portal?) musterprojekt as well.

Advertising from our partners