OfficeLite 4.1.7 crash

• Hello,

i've tried installing very old trial of OfficeLite on VirutalBox Windows XP SP3 virtual machine, but it crashes with the attached error.

After that it just says
    "Cross3: Fatal Boot Error! Cross will shut down."

I assume it's because of my workstation, is it possible to run it on a VirtualBox with some other instalation? Or is it because of the hardware?

• Hi,

older versions of OfficeLite normally run under XP virtual machines with no hassle.

I've saw this particular error when people try to install KSS directly on Windows.

Do You have another OL installer?

• I don't have another installer sadly.

Could the version of my windows or settings in the virtual machine affect it?

I'll try to get another virtual machine and try to install again

Update:
    I tried reinstaling OL on first virtual machine and got another with SP1, same problem on both. During instalation it said "Software has not passed windows logo testing"

Edited once, last by Affaltar ().

• People, I've just installed OL 4.1.7 on a VirtualBox Windows XP virtual machine running on a Ubuntu 16.04 host and it worked like a charm.

So, I'm guessing three reasons to Your malfunctioning OL, Affaltar

a) The installer

b) Do You have any other software installed on Your VM? OL has some incompatibilities issues with other software, mainly Siemens Step7.

c) This shouldn't affect 32 bits virtual machines, but I think You could check it as well: what is the CPU of Your computer? Intel and AMD have a virtualization technology that should be enabled at BIOS. This normally affects only 64 bits virtual machines, running newer OSES, but maybe You can take a look at this setting, also.

• Thank you massula !
    I didn't have any other software, just fresh windows. But the virtualization technology was the problem, while I was trying to install VMWare it wouldn't boot without setting that up, after I just turned on VirtualBox and it worked perfectly

• Great!

Now You said, I remember a colleague's computer where VMware and VirtualBox ddid't work if both tools were installed. But when he uninstall one, the other worked. And when he uninstalled the later and reinstalled the former, other software worked as well.

Advertising from our partners