What is the max number of Groups for ConfigMon on KRC4?

• I have tried searching through manuals, but I have only found the max number of ConfigMon groups for KRC2 (10 max with 25 items).

Is the max supposed to be 10 on KRC4?

I have successfully added 15 groups in the past on KRC4. I am asking now because I recently added 3 more groups (now at 18).

Soon after, I started getting random windows errors that crash the KUKA interface.

Error :

"

External component has thrown an exception. (SEHException)

Source="WindowsBase"

The application must shut down.

"

The configMon is my best guess right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• KRC4 does not care about ConfigMon.ini. Files are related to software version so... what is your KSS?

What are the variables you are monitoring? They don't consume same amount of memory so there is a big difference between $FLAG[1] and E6POS, specially if displaying entire array of something.

are you sure this is related to size of your ConfigMon? does problem go away if you reduce ConfigMon size?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• KSS 8.3

I am mostly only monitoring ints and reals. There are also some $OUT, $ANIN, $TIMER and various values from tools like Tool[1].X.

Before making changes, I had 15 groups. I removed 6 groups that would not be needed for the program that was being developed. I added 3 new groups and developed the new program. Once everything was working in the new system, I added back in the 6 groups that I removed.

While the 6 groups were removed and the 3 new ones were added, I did not see any errors.

After adding the 6 groups back in, I have seen the error on all the robots running the program.

I am about to remove the 6 groups again and see if the error goes away.

The error pops up randomly, so it is hard to tell if the problem is solved. I guess I just have to wait and see if see if it runs fine with less groups.

• which KKS8.3? there is more than 40 versions? Some better than others.

Just for clarification, how can you determine which are better than the others, or in other word when to update? Is there a change log somewhere? On KUKA xpert I've only seen announcements for the new versions.

• From many released versions it is clear that there is a lot of development. Kuka is working hard to improve the quality of the product but due to KSS complexity, it is not easy to validate everything. Some issues may slip through and only show up after release, when used on many units. The thing is that many features are not even used on most systems. For example most installations do not have external axes, or option like SafeOp or more than one fieldbus etc. Only time tells if particular KSS really has issue or not. As far as i can tell 8.3.34 is fine. If i recall correctly this version changed the way backup manager saves backup. I wish they kept it as archives. But this has nothing to do with operation.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• in general... (just a rule of thumb)

> newer KSS is usually better

> newest KSS imay not be tested enough (you may not want to be a tester)

> upgrades may need other things... like new option packages

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners