KRC4, supply voltage to the device via analog output

• Hello everyone! Looked through the entire forum, not found information on this issue. There is a KRC4 compact. It is necessary to apply a signal (voltage) to the device that performs certain actions (in fact, to activate these actions, you need to press a button or pedal, after which the sequence of actions will begin). Device without controller, therefore digital data exchange is excluded. Could not find information where exactly is the analog output. I understand that i can buy a module for EK1100 for analog outputs, but i want to understand whether it is possible to do without additional purchases?

• I think, it`s about situation, there robot through KRC4 should send some signal for external device to do an action. And this signal must be analog, because device is analog - something like send 12V from one of interfaces to create a short circuit, so then automatics begin to operate.

• panic mode thank you for your attention to my message... I have KRC4 compact. The command "ANOUT" can be used to apply voltage to the analog output.

Q: where are these analog outputs located?

• What options does the KRC4 Compact have installed? The "stock" KRC4 does not have I/O hardware, only options to install various industrial communiation busses and add modules to those busses.

One option would be to add EtherCat I/O modules, but it might be necessary to install them outside of the cabinet. If the robot has ProfiNet or EIP, it might be possible to add remote analog modules made for those busses.

Does your application require analog output? Or does it simply require a different voltage level than the standard 24VDC that the KRC4's standard I/O uses? If your robot is an Agilus, it probably already has some simple on/off 24V I/O signals built in. You might be able to simply use those outputs to operate a relay, if your device only needs a steady voltage.

• if you want to connect something to a robot controller, you need to read schematics for that controller. always...

KRC4 controller supports up tp:

4096 or 8192 digital inputs (two of them are special and have fixed purpose),

4096 or 8192 digital inputs

32 analog inputs

32 analog outputs

but that is just available addressable I/O space, or logical I/O that programs can access. this is not real I/O.

to actually get signals to/from those I/Os, you need add physical I/O modules of some sort and map them correctly. mapping connects individual physical I/O point with logical I/O point that programs can use. if needed you can manipulate order. sometimes this is necessary due different internal architectures (Intel vs. Motorola).

normally no I/Os are included with the robot system. zip... zero...nada...none.

If you want I/O with your system you need to:

1. specifically request them at the time order was placed or

2. add them yourself

3. some robot models in Agilus family have couple of I/O built into the arm but - this is a rare exception. normally no I/Os are supplied.

Compact controllers that get factory installed I/O are usually 16/16 digital I/O, maybe with additional 4 outputs for high current. I have never seen KRC4 compact with factory installed analog I/O.

I have seen tons of controllers, and analogs are used but very very rarely.

also range of analog I/O is dependant on available module type. Most common analog I/O types include ranges:

0..10V

-10..+10V

0..5V

1..5V

0..20mA

4..20mA

… all of which are common industrial standards. Kuka normally carries only 0..10V so for analog you are usually on your own.

there is no analog module for 12V or 15V that I am aware of. it is possible to make one, it's just not a standard product so if extended range is needed on an analog output, you need additional amplifier or signal converter. for example Weidmuller has Wave series converters that offer wide range of settings with null and offset adjustments such device can be used to convert your 0-10V signal for example to something like -17V..+12V if that's what your heart/application desires.

EK1100 may be a good solution for I/Os placed in come sort of enclosure. but there are all kind of modules that do not need and enclosure and have a bus coupler built in.

it is the act of purchasing that is the issue or the associated cost that you are trying to avoid?

the point is that any question you may have is a huge topic. please narrow it down by providing specifics of your needs so we don't have to write long posts. please read pinned topic READ FIRST.

for example what range, resolution, number of channels, slew rate, single ended or differential, etc you have in mind? What is it for? if you are controlling VFD, maybe digital I/O is all you need?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners