Cant teach robot in t1 without closing safety fence

• Sound like your safety wiring (or DCS SafeIO interconnection, if you went that route) is not correct. You should be able to move the robot in T1 with the fence open.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Sound like your safety wiring (or DCS SafeIO interconnection, if you went that route) is not correct. You should be able to move the robot in T1 with the fence open

I'm with Nation. T1 supersedes the fence circuit. Do you get any alarms when you try to jog? Is the servo disconnect circuit used? Is the robot integrated with a PLC? Quite a few scenarios that could lead to this.

• The only alarm I get when trying to jog the robot with the fence open in T1 is the chain 2 alarm Fence open alarm. As for the PLC, we do have the PLC integrated with the robot but the programs are exactly the same as all the robots that work correctly.

Out of the two robots that are doing this one is using the servo disconnect and the other has it jumped but they are both doing the same thing.

For more info, Theses robots are 10 years old and have been doing this sense install, just now were made aware of this from the production floor.

• Try swapping out the TP cable with a new one or one from a robot that is working correctly. Then try swapping the TP itself. Have power off when swaping out these components. Also can you write down the exact error code it is giving you.

• This sais the manual :
    SRVO-276 SERVO Disable on T2 mode

Cause: The operator panel emergency stop push button is pressed and miswiring on SVEMG is

detected.

Remedy: Check the wiring of SVEMG. If the wiring of SVEMG is not connected, correct the

wiring of SVEMG. If the wiring has no problem, twist the operator panel emergency stop push

button clockwise to release. Press RESET. Refer to the maintenance manual for details.

It means that one of the fence circuits is wrong. (there are two)

So, check wiring and switches.

• O dear.... I 'll try again..

(100) SRVO–266 FENCE1 status abnormal

SRVO–267 FENCE2 status abnormal

(Explanation) The fence circuit is abnormal.

(Action 1) Check the +24 V connection (between EAS11 and

EAS1) and 0 V connection (between EAS21 and

EAS2) for the fence.

(Action 2) Check the fence switch.

(Action 3) Replace the panel board.

NOTE

Eliminate the cause of the abnormal chain, then execute

“special reset operation” to release the alarm.

That should be better.

The advice stays the same, check wiring and switches.

Repair what is nessesary and do the special reset.

1. Press “MENU” on the teach pendant.

2. Press “4” on the teach pendant, [4 –– ALARM ––].

3. Press “F4” on the teach pendant, [F4 –– RES_1CH ––].

• Some robots need the very special reset methode :

1. Press E–stop button for correct emergency stop condition.

2. Press “MENU” on the teach pendant.

3. Press “0” on the teach pendant, [0 –– NEXT ––].

4. Press “6” on the teach pendant, [6 SYSTEM].

5. Press F1, [TYPE].

6. Select Config.

7. Search item 28.

8. Press F4, [TRUE].

The display of “28 Reset CHAIN FAILURE detection : ”

changes “TRUE” from “FALSE”.

And few seconds later the display changes “FALSE” from

“TRUE” again.

Then :

1. Press “MENU” on the teach pendant.

2. Press “4” on the teach pendant, [4 –– ALARM ––].

3. Press “F4” on the teach pendant, [F4 –– RES_1CH ––].

• I would trace back the wires from EAS1/EAS11 and EAS2/EAS21 to the peripheral of the safety fence as the error is directly relating to the abnormality of the circuit.

Even though the safety fence circuit is not monitored for T1 mode, it is feasible that electrically if there is a fault on the circuit (ie a short on 1 of the channels), then it could interrupt motion and maybe give the impression that the door needs to be closed for T1 mode.

• So The issue ended up being that EAS1/EAS11 were connected to my safety switch and EAS2/EAS21 was connected using a jumper. (keep in mind all other robots we have are hardwired this way and work fine)

I removed the jumper and ran two wires from EAS2/EAS21 to the other two contacts on my switch and its working. This is usually how our r30ib robots work.

Does anyone happen to know why just these two r30ia robots have too be hardwired this way compared to the other 28 that have EAS2/EAS21 jumped.

• All I know that it is not supposed to work when it is jumpered.

It is a safety measure for detecting faults in your fence circuit, and so not wise to disable that.

I think that even if you restore the wiring to the other contacts, it is still not working as it is supposed to, considdering that jumpering works.

But remember, robots can kill you, and just like Arnie in Terminator, they seem to have little remorse in doing so.

• KEE

I think you should bring this matter to the attention of someone in your hierarchy at your workplace and direct them towards making enquiries with Fanuc or whomever integrated your systems and at least ask the question?

Bypassing any safety circuit, whether intentional or not, carries some serious risks aswell as potential jail time and I wouldn't want to be 'that' person who could have prevented my colleague from harm by failing to escalate the question to the appropriate personnel.

By this, I also mean with you actively interfering with it (for good reason), now places you in a possible situation too.

'KEE'p safe and ask the question before acting alone?

• Bolding emphasis is mine to really expound on this; unless you know exactly what you are doing, DO NOT BYPASS SAFETY MEASURES because you put yourself and others at risk. If you were to jumper a safety circuit and walk away for even a moment someone could get hurt. Or, if a "temporary fix" becomes a "semi-permanent" fix due to the 'need' to keep the system up and running, people will be put at risk. Never a matter of "if", only a matter of "when".

With that being said: the Chain 1/Chain 2 abnormal status alarms appear when one of the two circuits on a dual-chain safety circuit does not match the other. For most of your safety rated devices, you have two mirrored circuits per device; a +24V to 0V circuit, and a +0v to +24V circuit (so typically 4 wires total per safety device). Both of these circuits are expect to be either closed circuit at the same time, or open circuit at the same time. If you have a scenario where one circuit is open and the other is closed, that signifies that there is a fault in your safety circuit (potentially a faulty circuit). There is a 200ms window between one chain changing state and the other one changing state before FANUC throws a "Status Abnormal" alarm, to allow for things like the magnetic poles on a safety gate not opening/closing at the exact same time.

When you do see a Status Abnormal alarm, the FANUC controller essentially locks down robot movement, program execution, etc. until the problem is resolved. The robot should NOT be moving until the safety circuitry is back to a working state. Remember, we are dealing with safety circuits here, and you do NOT want to mess around with them; get the safety-rated professional for your company involved to diagnose the circuit.

Once the circuit has been repaired, THEN you can go through the software reset process mentioned above (and never before).

Hope this helps clarify things a bit!

Advertising from our partners