KRC4 Adding Variables such as Position registers.

• Looking into improving the programs on a Saw Robot & Extract Robot.

I would like to add Variables or Position Registers Like Fanuc uses to make the programs more rigid.

Also has any programers done this with Kuka so a program such as saw cuts-

This would allow the program to be changed while running in Auto as well.

Thank You

SRTAutomation

I would like to add Variables or Position Registers Like Fanuc uses to make the programs more rigid.

Did You ever look at a Kuka program?

There are no silly position registers like in Fanuc. In the Kuka system you can declare variables/ positions/ structures in .DAT files as much as you want or the memory is complete used. The variables and posititions all have a name (not only numbers with comment like Fanuc registers),

• So let me get into more detail & yes i have been programming Kuka robots for several years & prefer Fanuc due due the programming advantages.

I need to find out offline the data position of each pick position on a Extract Robot that has 8 different Part extract programs.

Foundry robot picking parts out of a Aluminum casting tilt machine.

Actual position data such as X,Y, Z to compare each position.

Such as Machine 4 pick position has no issues at all with the pick position & no parts or robot damage.

Machine 3 parts drop out further & still functional but having no downtime is critical so requires offline program troubleshooting.

• Just found the information using Workvisual Extract part .dat file.

DECL E6POS XINSIDE_MOLD_PICK_1={X 446.370331,Y 355.813,Z 465.487762,A 0.463919461,B 75.0007477,C -1.71124494

Sometimes a 2nd opinion keeps your mind in the right direction!

Thank you for the information Hermann.

• so... which of those you don't find on Kuka?

you can declare data any way you like (and give them meaningful names)

you can pause, view, replay any part of program or motions etc.

you can view and adjust point values while program is running in Auto...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• It is not that comfortable like on Fanucs, but it is possible:

Have a look at -Monitor-Variable-Single-

There You can enter the name of the Position (i.e. XINSIDE_MOLD_PICK_1), You see the value in the field current value and can enter a new one in the field 'New Value'.

For single coordinates use XINSIDE_MOLD_PICK_1.Z or so.

• Variables are available for monitoring and editing on the pendant, dependent on certain caveats:

1. The variable must be declared in a .DAT file, not an .SRC file (best if the DECL includes an initial value)

2. Either the variable must be declared GLOBAL, or you must know which module it is located in, and set both the Module and Variable name

There are two places on the pendant where these variables are visible, the VarCor (Display>Variable>Single), and the ConfigMon (Display>Variable>Overview). These both offer certain advantages and disadvantages.

VarCor: Only one variable. Have to type in the name every time (it helpfully remembers the last half-dozen, and makes them available in a drop-down), and get the spelling exact. And when a program is running, the "module" box automatically updates to the module the program pointer is currently in, so this is a bad choice unless you DECL your variables as GLOBAL (in which case, you need to pick your variable names very carefully to avoid namespace collisions)

OverView: Lets you set up several tabs, and several variables in each tab. Requires setup in advance (use the Edit button), but makes things easier afterward. Allows you to see several variables at once, and "group" them using the tabs. Editing values can be limited to higher user levels. Changes are saved to CONFIGMON.INI, which can be copied out to other robots.

Advertising from our partners