Vision System

• Vision System

I am currently looking for an affordable vision system for parts inspections.

We are going to use the system for in-house testing only and would like to see what kind of reasonable priced vision systems are out there.

Thank you

• Really depends on exactly what you're trying to do. Some "inspection" tasks need machine-learning, near-AI capabilities. Others (like counting cans in a box) are much simpler. And there's an entire spectrum in between.

"Affordable" is also a moving target. No good Machine Vision System is cheap, but there's a broad range of pricing depending on just what capabilities you need.

Lighting in also critical -- the best MVS in the world is useless if you don't illuminate the target properly, or control the effects of ambient lighting. I've had high-end MVSs rendered useless b/c a beam of sunlight came through a window at the wrong angle (sunlight trumps everything), and once b/c of the strobe lights on a passing forklift.

My go-to MVS choice is usually Cognex -- there's usually something in their catalog that'll fill almost any requirement. But there's lots of niche systems out there too, and various Cognex competitors, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

• Hi,

The select of machine system is according to your need, there are two type of vision systems, machine system same as Cognex and PC bade system that you must write your program and needs by yourself.

According to your needs it can select the best system, some times you can use machine system and work with it is so easy but sometimes you need a professional inspection therefore the machine system couldn't help you and you must use PC base vision system, you must provide a camera and a software for create your needs.

Both os this system have a cost, but according your needs it can high or low.

I think in the first you must select what you need in your project.

Advertising from our partners