SYST-011 and SYST-073 - Manual selection mismatch

• Yesterday, I got called out to a customer of mine with a weird issue on one of their old robots they use in their lab. An old R2000iA/165F running SpotTool+ 6.40.

They were trying to use the style method of starting the robot, but every time the PLC sent a start signal, the robot would reject the start (SYST-011) with the reason of SYST-073, which according to the error manual states:

SYST-073 Manual selection mismatch

Cause: The style input does not match the manually selected style.

Remedy: The PLC must send a style code that matches the manual selection.

Which is very descriptive and helpful.

What does it mean manually selected style? Where is this set? The style program exists, was defined in the style table, and was enabled. The bits for style selection were coming across from the PLC fine as well.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I've been messing around with one of our Robots and changing things in the controller and the PLC to see if I can mimic your error but no luck so far. I've been able to get SYST-069 Program number out of range, SYST-070 No program name in table, and SYST-072 Program not enabled to come up but not SYST-073. I'll keep messing around with it and let you know what I come up with.

I assume when you say that the bits for style selection are coming from the PLC ok you're referring to UI 9-16 coming on accordingly to match the STYLE number?

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• Are you using Program Select as STYLE and Start as UOP? For style 35 did you have UI 9, 10, and 14 coming on? And then UI 6 to start? You could try checking out $SHELL_WRK.$CUST_NAME and see what is there. Also under System Config are you using local or remote?

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• They were using a GI, and start as DI, but I tried switching it to UOP, with the same results. Verified that the correct bits were coming in for style 35. $SHELL_WRK.$CUST_NAME was empty.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners