Smartac configuration for use with Fronius TouchSense

• Hi everyone!

i'm trying to configure Smartac to use with the fronius touchsense instead of using the torch for touch sensing.

I've modified my inputs in order to use the Fronius I/O like stated in the manual at page 20 but, even if i've changed to map my inputs i get an error that says that Smartac can't be activated

Does anyone have configured smartac with fronius touchsense can send me some hints ?

TIA

• HH

Hi e-tip

I don't know if i understand you right, but wiht SmarTac you can also search with the wire instead of the gas cup, so no need to use the touch sensing from fronius.

• Hi Bjarne.

You are right i can also use the wire, but my smartac is not configured at all (i'm still investigating on why.. ) and i'd prefere to use the fronius

• we had to add a Rc network for the touch sense to work on Fronius. It goes up in the wirefeeder as i recall. purchased from Fronius, part of the nozzle touch sense kit

Edited once, last by jimvw57 ().

• Which robot/controller model are you dealing with ?
    Which version of Smartac / BaseWare are you using ?

Do you have Multitasking available ?

That said, the previous versions ran through a initiation sequence where it makes sure that Sense is low, then sets init and waits for ready to go high and all this has to happen in a certain sequence or your init will fail.

#1 If you have a newer robot / version, make sure you're using the Smartac I/O version, which I believe doesn't use the init sequence (since that was a part of the actual board)

• Smartac is just added functions that link to the input signal from either the smartac board or the Fronius input signal. To use the gas cup with Fronius, you do need the kit but then it should work across their standard communication to the robot. The signal should have already been mapped if Fronius came on the cell from ABB. If not it is easy to add. It just depends on if you have the TPS or TPSi series power sources.

matt

• Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. I Have the TPSi and i've managed to use the fronius wire with smartac.

my problem was that, due to a robotstudio bug or something, i couldn't insert an empty value for a signal i have no idea on what it was for, when modifying the configuration.

So i've created a new one and in this case i can create the smartac signal with only the available input and output

Advertising from our partners