ConveyorTech 6.0.2 with WorkVisual 5.0

• Hi,

I am trying to push a project from WorkVisual 5.0 to the robot (KRC4) controller running KSS 8.3.

The ConveyorTech version is 6.0.2 and the following error occurs when I try to deploy:

"The plug in ConveyorComponent caused an error during code generation!"

The documentation states to use WorkVisual 3.1, should i assume that it won't work

with version 5.0+. I really hope this isn't the case because it seems 5.0 projects aren't

backwards compatible to a version such as 3.1 and I will have to configure a brand new

project from scratch.

Edited once, last by kukanoob ().

• I've contacted kuka regarding the compatibility. If it worked on WoV 4.0 maybe it's something I'm doing wrong on my end but I have been going through the documentation step by step. The build error doesn't provide a lot of info on what the issue could be other than that it's conveyor related.

• WoV 6.0 still has some problems handling older projects, so I don't recommend it in this situation.

Best way is check what WoV version was used to compile and deploy the project on You KRC4, and try to use the same version.

You can to this looking at the header of KRC_IO.xml, for example, where You will find something like this:

Code
    <!--

XML file automatically generated by WorkVisual V4.0.28_Build0451.

-->

<!--DO NOT EDIT-->

You can also try WoV 4.0.31 (available to download from KUKA site). You can install it in parallel with WoV 5.0 and WoV 6.0.

Advertising from our partners