Trying to decipher IO Mapping

• Ok I've started a new position at a company and I'm trying to familiarize myself with their equipment and programs. The robot in question is a LR Mate 200iD with a R30iA controller. I was told our IO was controlled through a module in the control cabinet. This module has a BMD88P1 model number and a yellow fanuc part number of A03B-0808-C010. Talking with fanuc tech support they tell me this is "B-type" IO. They sent me sections of a manual that explained dip switch settings, and cable configuring but nothing that showed how to figure out my IO configuration. I believe we are only sending a handful of DI/DO's between the robot and there physical location isn't matching (rack/slot) in the PLC chassis. The Processor is a 1747-L552B/C 5/05, 7 input cards and 7 output cards, and a series of Devices net nodes going back to the D-Net Scanner. Im 90% positive that the robot IO isn't on the D-Net, I:6.0 appears to be the only input card with robot bits (DO's im assuming), O:14.0 appears to be the only outputs going to the robot (DI's??). This robot also uses RSR calls. All my fanuc experience had been previously based in ethernet mapping of IO (MOV/Fill the value of tags) and PNS calls so this hardwired Io and RSR stuff is throwing me for a loop.

• Model B I/O is an I/O Link device and is assigned to Rack 1.

MENU, I/O, F1 TYPE, 0 next, Link Device

You should see the different model B modules here and be able to see which Rack (1) and slot each is assigned to.

After reviewing that you should be able to go back to the config page for your digital, UOP or group I/O and decipher which points are on your model b modules.

• On the Basic Unit, my dial has been set to C0 with all the switches set to "off " except 1 which is set to "On", the manual I have does a pretty poor job explaining what exactly is addressed. Can anyone give me laymans explanation of what exactly is being addressed here? I have a BMD88A1 basic unit with a BMD88P1 expansion module attached. Wired up already is probably 9 inputs and 4/5 outputs. I wanna add in more IO going between the robot and PLC then what the Basic unit is already utilizing, and since the basic unit is 8in/8out as is the expansion module that should be achievable with the available IO. I just want to further understand my dial/switch addressing so I don't bite off more than I can chew.

Advertising from our partners