CONSTANT SPEED IN KUKA ROBOT

• Hello people,

I am trying to make an application of silicone deposit to glue, I have to pass the silicone with homogeneity and precision, but in the corners the robot slows to move to the points and increases speed to the next point. This creates mounds of silicone at the corners.

The silicone depositing machine is an external tool and the robot applies silicone to a rectangular piece.

I'm already using SLIN and SPTP points for this, I also use external TCP, I tried CONT with low approximations, also SYN OUT (with it I got about 60% of how it would have to be).

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?

The robot is model KR6 Agilus KRC4, KSS 8.3.32

Thanks for any help.

• You mentioned using SYN OUT -- does this mean the robot has some means of controlling the flow rate of the silicone?

"Fixed Tool" -- I take it this means your dispense nozzle is fixed, and the robot is moving the part under it?

Unfortunately, this just isn't an easy problem to solve. We can't change the laws of physics, and inertia has to be respected. You could try using C_VEL instead of C_DIS, but that would probably involve slowing your path down overall. Or use SYN OUTs set further in advance of the corners -- that's a classic approach, but takes a lot of trial and error testing to get the timing right.

If your dispenser takes an analog (or varying digital) value from the robot to control the flow rate, you could try looking at ANOUT ON in the Expert manual. It basically is a way you can connect an "analog" output directly to the realtime TCP velocity and get the output updated every 12ms. But even then, the response speed of your dispenser could end up being the limiting factor.

• Hello,

Thanks for the replies guys.

You mentioned using SYN OUT -- does this mean the robot has some means of controlling the flow rate of the silicone?

If your dispenser takes an analog (or varying digital) value from the robot to control the flow rate, you could try looking at ANOUT ON in the Expert manual. It basically is a way you can connect an "analog" output directly to the realtime TCP velocity and get the output updated every 12ms. But even then, the response speed of your dispenser could end up being the limiting factor.

Unfortunately the robot cannot control the flow rate, only turning the silicone applicator on or off.

"Fixed Tool" -- I take it this means your dispense nozzle is fixed, and the robot is moving the part under it?

Yes that's right.

It really is very difficult, I have done several tests and have not yet arrived in a piece with a good silicon flow rate. I will try to do this as you and that fubini commented to try to solve the problem.

What is the brand of the dispenser equipment controller? SCA, Intec, Nordson? Or it is custom made?

Hello my friend Massula, the dispenser equipament controller is custom made.

• i am not sure what you mean by "...how fast the robot is set at T2". is that program override? or programmed speed? both can be controlled by program - you as a programmer are in control and free to do whatever you like.

link that Fubini posted shows programming example that allows using constant speed (as far as possible) in cases like you asked.

robot will always need to accelerate/decelerate before running at constant speed. so if something does need truly constant speed from point B to point C, you need to program motion that is longer such as A-D and as you reach points B, C activate or deactivate what you need.

this is just to illustrate point, it may not work well for glue dispensing.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners