SET pick location via VLOCATION isn't working

• We have a fixed camera taking a picture over a shaker table. The camera has 2 existing vision sequences and we’re trying to add a third, but, the original programmer isn’t available. I have the vision system working, finding instances of the part we’re picking, and displaying the location in the vision window, but the robot doesn’t get the coordinates. If I reference one of the other existing vision sequences it works every time, so, I’m guessing I need to tell my new sequence to output the data somehow?

The code is simply:

SET loc.pick = VLOCATION($sv.client_ip, g.fd.seq.stuck, 4, 1, 1311, 1) ; Sets the robot target to the matched instance from the vision system

SET loc.pick = loc.pick:pick.offset ; Sets the height offset to prevent crashing

After this runs, loc.pick = 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000

But, the old code works, and the only thing that’s different is highlighted below:

SET loc.pick = VLOCATION($sv.client_ip, g.fd.seq.pick, 4, 1, 1311, 1) ; Sets the robot target to the matched instance from the vision system

SET loc.pick = loc.pick:pick.offset ; Sets the height offset to prevent crashing

Both sequences are constructed the same as Camera, Blob, Locator, Gripper clearance, final results.

I'm not sure if it's relevant or not, but, I noticed this morning that "loc.pick" is NOT in the V+ User Variables/Locations module, but is initialized at startup with the note "LOADS APPLICATION-SPECIFIC ROBOT LOCATIONS FROM FILE."

Thanks in advance!

Advertising from our partners