How to Flip a fanuc Robot?

• Hello

I recently bought a used fanuc r2000ib 150U that hangs from a fanuc track upside down. I am curious what the best method is to flip it, so I can mount it to the track. I have some manuals, but nothing showing how fanuc recommends doing it. I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips or tricks. we will likely be doing it today, so any timely advice or procedures are appreciated.

thanks

• I just had a R2000/220U that had to be mounted to a rail, updside down. We contacted local riggers to see if they had a rotary large enough to do it, no luck. The end solution was to fabricate a frame around the robot while it was right side up. We welded fork tubes to the top and bottom of the frame. (It's not a light weight frame btw). Using two forktrucks, countless chains, and a lot of patience, our guys rolled the frame upside down. Then it was just a matter of lifting the robot by the fanuc lift tubes and putting in to place. Mind you, this was not a quick decision but ended up being the only one available. (10M rail, 16' up). BTW, make sure to wear brown pants that day!

• We turned the whole frame with the rail upside down and mounted the robot while it was in the normal position, then we flipped the whole contraption with robot and all back.

Worked like a charm .

But, as Rumblefish said, don't forget the brown pants... :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners