IRB120 IRC5 error

• Hi all!

I've got a problem with our IRB120 robot on an IRC5 cabinet. Every time I go to jog the robot it says joint collision/joint speed on whichever axis I try and move. I would go as far as saying the robot is not the problem purely because I have put our other IRB120 robot onto this cabinet and it is saying the exact same error. Now, I have looked through the cabinet and started swapping parts I think it could be related to. Here is a list of parts I have swapped (bare in mind these and not tested parts but they all look in working order)

I have changed the;

Drive Unit

Axis Computer

Power Distribution Board

Power Supply

Safety Board

If anyone has any idea at all, any insight would be grateful, I've been scratching my head for days with no luck! :tired_face:

Thanks in advance

Jamie

• Can you hear the brakes release (click) when you try to jog?

If no click, does contactor K44 pull in when attempting to jog?

If K44 pulls in, is there +24VDC on K44 terminal 4 when it pulls in?

If no 24Von K44-4 when it pulls in, is there 24V on K44-3 when pressing the deadman?

• Hi Skooter

Yes the brakes click when trying to jog it. (I lightly touch the joystick so it just releases the brakes and not tries to jog an axis)

Although as soon as I go to move any axis it just cuts out with a quick judder of each axis then comes up with the Joint collision/speed error.

• Hi Lemster

You're on the same sort of lines as I was thinking. I checked a while ago and it is booted up as a IRB120 - 0.58/3.

Although the sticker on the robot says its a 0.6/3.

When I look at the key in RobotStudio is doesn't give me any choice to change the robot type like it would do any other robot. So I have assumed this is what its supposed to be. Am I right in thinking this?

• Use TuneMaster or Test Signal Viewer, (the Speed Reference signal for either) to see if there is noise on the various axes. Noise can be interpreted as motion if it is bad enough.

Here's an even longer shot, though it's been successful in a previous lifetime.

Open a resolver circuit, disconnect SMB feedback, or disconnect the cable from the axis computer at the main cpu, something to dump revolution counters. If jogging is able to be executed without the collision/joint speed issue perhaps an advanced start is in order.

Edited once, last by SomeTekk ().

• Yes the brakes click when trying to jog it. (I lightly touch the joystick so it just releases the brakes and not tries to jog an axis)

Although as soon as I go to move any axis it just cuts out with a quick judder of each axis then comes up with the Joint collision/speed error.

Just another thought - did someone accidently update the commutation offsets?

Make all axes are set to the default 1.5708.

You can reload the MOC.cfg from a backup before this happened.

Advertising from our partners