R-30iB MATE PLUS IO-DEVICE Configuration

• Hi Guys,

I am having issues with configuring profinet betwen mate plus and siemens s1500. I have set same name of device in TIA and Fanuc Profinet. I have set up my IP address same on PLC and FANUC, kept gateway as 0.0.0.0, but yet still it comes back with "Connection never established".

I have a GSDML file "GSDML-V2.33-FANUC-A05B2600R834V910-20180517" in my TIA, my robot version is v9.10P/22.

Any ideas?

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

IMG-20191009-144912565.jpg

What is most important is that I can see the Robot device in my accesible devices and I can assign name or IP to it, but I can not detect it in my hardware configuration (comes up as unreachable). Do you think I have a wrong GSD file?

Edited 2 times, last by xBamBamx ().

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • Have you installed the config in to the FANUC PN card? Also, if you have a switch/router in between the two, it will need to be defined in the Net config/HW setup in TIA. I just went through this with 1500 and R2000 30iB as a matter of fact. A lot of head thumping since I'm an EIP person.

• rumblefish

"Have you installed the config in to the FANUC PN card?" - I didn't even know that this has to be done.. could you give me some more details about it?

I have been aware of the TIA net config, but thanks for remainding.

I did notice that profinet manual says "3 Setup PROFINET I/O function by PROFINET setup screens of the robot controller." but I have not found where that setup screen is..

Okay, I have managed to get this working without this PROINET I/O screen - it seems to me like I just don't have it, but I done it in Profinet(M) screen.

The problem I have now is that as soon as I modify my i/O (change from 16 to 64 for instance or add new IO module) it stops working.. TIA is not recognizing it as the same device. To recover it I have to perform a control start and configure it all again...

This is really painful :frowning_face:

Edited 2 times, last by xBamBamx ().

• My robot had the CP1604 for what its worth. Couple of items.

1. Profinet has some setup in Controlled start. Check this to verify it's setup correctly. You should also have a PROFINET screen under setup as well. If not you might verify the option is loaded. This menu allows for device/controller config and IO assignment

2. Robot config - I used TIA v15 and made a HW config that had PLC, switch and robot. I believe the CP1604 is configured as a Simatic workstation also. Config the robot HW io in this and then download it to the robot PN card. We did have to update the CP1604 FW as well.

I apologize, I don't have this project in front of me so this is from memory. I remember it was a headache to get through but seemed easy after we finished. Hopefully this helps.

• rumblefish thanks rumblefish for all your comments. I have managed to get a connection between PLC/Fanuc (simply assign IP and name from TIA - don't change anything on the fanuc side) and then it works. The problem now is that I don't have Profinet in my setup menu and when I make any changes in Profinet from I/O menu (I add slot or change DI/DO size) it all collapse and TIA doesn't recognize Fanuc anymore (comes up with device different type)

• Did you solve it? I have the same problem and only GSDML file for R30iB Mate in version 2.3.

GSDML-V2.3-Fanuc-A05B2600R834V830-20140601.zip

However, this version does not work with the R30iB Plus.

• Hello everyone,

Looking for Profinet GSD file for Fanuc R-30iB Mate Plus controller Version: V9.30P/15

I am connecting it with Siemens PLC S-1500 and TIA Portal V16

Thank you

Edited once, last by MoEL ().

• Hello MoEL,

it depends on the PROFINET option you have. For the Molex Option you can get the GSDML file from Fanuc (or write me a PM). In case you have the Siemens CP16xx PROFINET option you have to create a custom GSDML file with TIA portal by yourself.

• Hey guys, looking for the profinet manual "B-82864EN/06", I have the old one, B-82864EN/04, but it's only for r-30ib and need the new one for r-30ib plus and the gsd file for 9.30P/15

Thanks

• it depends on the PROFINET option you have. For the Molex Option you can get the GSDML file from Fanuc (or write me a PM). In case you have the Siemens CP16xx PROFINET option you have to create a custom GSDML file with TIA portal by yourself.

If you have the Siemens CP1604 with FW >= V2.7.2 you have to create it by yourself.

You can download the manual from myFANUC (Europe) or FANUC CRC (Americas). As far as I know, the latest version of B-82864EN is rev. 7.

Advertising from our partners