FTP connections to robot stopped working

• I have been backing up my robots with batch file that uses ftp for a while now without issues. Yesterday I tried to tie that batch file to the windows task scheduler and in the process went a little crazy and did multiple backups in a short time while trying to make it work - not sure if that was the starting point of the issue, but it seems that way. Since then, some, but not all, robots do not respond to Ftp anymore. I can still ping them and even use the webserver.

Any idea what might be happing? If we wouldn't run production 24/7 I would reboot the controller, but did not have the chance yet.

• It is possible to crash the ftp server on the robot without the rest of the robot going down. I've done it a few times. A reboot does fix it.

Another option may be to restart the service on robot, which is under host comm, then servers in the details tab. I haven't tried this though.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• It is possible to crash the ftp server on the robot without the rest of the robot going down. I've done it a few times. A reboot does fix it.

Another option may be to restart the service on robot, which is under host comm, then servers in the details tab. I haven't tried this though.

I tried to restart the ftp server, now the teach pendant is frozen :uglyhammer2:

At least the robot still runs, I will try restarting later. Thanks for the tip.

edit: restart helped

• This has happened a few times. Restart is the only one that helped then.

The reason why FTP crashes I have not found. In our system, the "high-level control" is talking a quite bit with the robot over FTP.

Advertising from our partners