send robot kuka to PLC beckhoff position XYZ

• Hi,

Now plc know the robot position from the values of the axes (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6) against I like to know the Cartesian XYZ ABC position of the robot kuka from our PLC and i waint to plc sent a postion to move the robot.

:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• so you are using fieldbus. you are already reading axis position $AXIS_ACT. you can do exactly the same for Cartesian position $POS_ACT. Note that Cartesian position is only meaningful if both tool and base are selected.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• so you are using fieldbus. you are already reading axis position $AXIS_ACT. you can do exactly the same for Cartesian position $POS_ACT. Note that Cartesian position is only meaningful if both tool and base are selected.

But an error message is showed: 1419 XYZABC TOOL not programmed

• On boot, or after a program Cancel, or similar events, $TOOL and $BASE become "undefined", containing no valid data. In that condition, $POS_ACT and $POS_ACT_MES also become undefined (technically, "Declared" but not "Initialized," in formal KUKA terminology).

So your program that copies values from $POS_ACT to $OUTs is going to need to either:

1. Explicitly set $BASE and $TOOL before examining $POS_ACT

2. Use ON_ERROR_PROCEED to handle the "XYZABC Not Programmed" error

Advertising from our partners