Additional trajectories to track in roboguide simulation

• I want to track one additional point on the robot end effector to be able to demonstrate how it changes its configuration during a motion, currently the only stack trace that is showed is the one of the tool center point and its trajectory, I want to add a second relative point that will be able to show how it changes its configuration, how can I do that, is it even possible?

Or a way to add trajectory for how each of the joints move? Or a way to extract the joint angles during the motion in a csv or something so that I can plot it?

• I don't think its possible to get output of a TCP other than the active one, but you can get joint angles.

First enable position output:

$SCR_GRP[1].$M_POS_ENB -> Set to True

Then you can monitor the following for joint angles:

$SCR_GRP[1].$MCH_ANG[n] -> Where 'n' is the number of the joint +

• Hi HawkME, thank you, I found the option and enabled it, but I cant find a Monitor option in the menu, how exactly do I monitor it? Is the data "extractable" in a way so that I can plot it?

• MotionPro should be able to record individual joint positions and export them as a .csv. I've only ever used it on real robots though, but I see no reason on why it couldn't be hooked up to a virtual robot. It is a separate license though.

Regarding another TCP, no way to do that, but would the tool trace work? It draws the tooling CAD at every point. Maybe replacing your tooling CAD with different colored small spheres at each point you want to monitor would work. DCS trace would be an option as well, placing small spheres (points in DCS) where you need them, but it would be harder to track what is what, since everything is green. The CAD replacement idea would only work for tooling cad attached to J6, but the DCS idea would work for points attached to any part of the robot.

Final question, why do you need to do this?

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• MotionPro should be able to record individual joint positions and export them as a .csv. I've only ever used it on real robots though, but I see no reason on why it couldn't be hooked up to a virtual robot. It is a separate license though.

Regarding another TCP, no way to do that, but would the tool trace work? It draws the tooling CAD at every point. Maybe replacing your tooling CAD with different colored small spheres at each point you want to monitor would work. DCS trace would be an option as well, placing small spheres (points in DCS) where you need them, but it would be harder to track what is what, since everything is green. The CAD replacement idea would only work for tooling cad attached to J6, but the DCS idea would work for points attached to any part of the robot.

Final question, why do you need to do this?

I will try your suggestions and see if it works.

Exporting the joint angles w respect to time and being able to plot them will show me if any joint is reaching its limits or staying near its limits that will help me compare different trajectories and it can potentially help me optimize the movements of the robot.

I am new at this and Fanuc robots are being integrated at the place that I work, currently we have one R2000ic/210-f with a few more on the way. The way that the integrators programmed the robot is not optimal at all and it does some funky moves (rotates J6 one full rotation before taking an object from the floor, this is because it is not setup in a way that allows it to change its configuration it starts from NUT 00-1 and goes to NUT 000, when I change it to NUT 000 to FUT 000 it fixes that rotation), it even pulled apart its cables on the 3rd month (at which point I just came in), so it needs to be optimized. Since I am still new at this and at the company, I want to show them all the details that I can (and see them for myself) about the possible improvements (not just the trajectory of the TCP but also how the robot moves related to it) that I may do and be extra confident in my decisions before applying them. If you have any better ideas about how I can achieve this, I am open to any suggestions.

Advertising from our partners