How to properly start sunrise program on teach pendant without holding two keys simultaneously?

• I'm now working on using ROS to communicate with Kuka iiwa arm. To do this, we have to run the ROSSmartServo program on the teach pendant to enbale the communication.

I'm kinda new to the system but I know this program was developed from sunrise and loaded on to the smartpad and it should be similar to run any other programs like impedance control.

After trial and errors I found that the only way to run the program is to hold both the enable key(white) and start key(green) on the pendant at the same time, which turns out to be very difficult if the process would take a long time to finish.

So if anyone can tell me is there anyway to run the program without needing to hold both keys at the same time? I didn't find it anywhere in the manual so I have to ask here.

Thanks in advance!

• rluo

Changed the title of the thread from “How to run sunrise program on teach pendant without holding two keys simultaneously?” to “How to properly start sunrise program on teach pendant without holding two keys simultaneously?”.
  • In order to run robot program, drives need to be enabled. T1 is manual mode and requires user to hold enabling switch. Read manual and try AUT mode,

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners