Mounting stuff on shoulder of robot in RoboDK

• Hi all!

Does anyone know whether it is possible to mount a "dresspack" or something else on the shoulder of a robot in RoboDK? And if it is possible, how does one go about doing it?

Thanks in advance!

/RoboticsMan

• Hi there,

This is not a standard feature of RoboDK, but if you really need it, I think the best way would be to create a new robot starting with the 3D model of it and our "Model mechanisms and robots" feature.

This way, you will be able to add your dresspack to the part of the robot it's supposed to be attached before creating the robot inside RDK.

It the 3D model of the robot is available, it shouldn't be too hard/long to achieve.

This YouTube video will help you with that :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope it helps.
    Have a great day.

Jeremy

RoboDK - Simulation and Offline programming software for industrial and collaborative robots.

Visit us at RoboDK.com
    Take a look at our tutorial videos on our YouTube channel.

• Hello Jeremy

It did help! Thanks a lot. But consider adding an option for attaching things to the links of the robot. I can't be the only one who needs to check whether the dresspack will hit something :winking_face:

/RoboticsMan

• Hi RoboticsMan,

It's already something that we are thinking about adding.

I'll add your "name" to the people that requested that feature specifically (as you said, you are not the only one, someone asked the same thing a few weeks back).

Have a great day.

Jeremy

RoboDK - Simulation and Offline programming software for industrial and collaborative robots.

Visit us at RoboDK.com

• Directly on our forum would be the right place.

I don't really want to put the link to our forum here, as I think this would be unappropriated, but I'm sure you can find it.

Have a great day.

Jeremy

Visit us at RoboDK.com

Advertising from our partners