KRC2 ed05 Use only the external axis

• Hello,

I have a KRC2 ed05 cabinet, used for 7 axis control with a robot before.

The robot is gone. Can I use this cabinet to control only the external axis? Is it possible?

• Yes it is possible.

Controller would want to have at least three axes. So make iit three but simulate two missing ones and everything will be fine.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you guys , you gave me a hope.

I have the RDW board, only board without a box. I have a pinout, connected only one motor to the position of the 7th axis, but it has an error. Red LED is blinking on the board and some errors about RDW on the start up, but I can't say is it about this axis, or about other missing axis. Is it the right way?

Do I need to connect other motors?

How to switch controller to use only three axis?

How to simulate missing axis?

• Any manuals or instructions how to create mada?

3 days of KUKA support cost arm and leg. They also said that robot is too old, and suggested to purchase KRC4 :grinning_squinting_face:

I need to copy files from robot to PC, change it and move back to robot? Correct?

• What you want is to use your KRC (KUKA Robot Controller) as a KMC (KUKA Motion Controller).

Unfortunately, I can't speak to converting a KRC to KMC, since I've never done it. What I've seen suggests that the hardware is identical, it's just software changes that need to be made.

I've attached the only KMC manual I have, although I'm afraid it's only user instructions, nothing about configuration. However, if you contact KUKA and ask for KMC manuals for a KRC2-series cabinet, they may have some "open" manuals for KMC configuration that they'd be willing to provide -- KUKA is usually pretty generous with their "open" manuals, the ones that come default when you buy KUKA machines.

A word of warning: even after you create your MADA, you'll need to tune your axis kinematic properties. And those manuals KUKA does not give away. There's a couple people here who can describe how to go about it in general terms (use the Trace tool and iteratively tune your $G_VEL_xxx and $I_VEL_xxx variables), but it'll take some careful, painstaking work, once you get to the point that the motor can move.

• i have done this a while ago and as i recall it was no different that setting up external axis. it means select correct size KSD, axis type rotary or linear etc. unused axes are simulated with something like

$AX_SIM_ON='B1110'

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners