BG Logic - set a signal on and off for amount of time

• Hello,

I've been thinking lately if there's a possibility to set a signal on and off variably, e.g. 2 seconds.

I want to use a bg logic program because everytime a TP is on (SO [7]) - the light flashes for 2 seconds (On for 2 secs, off for 2 secs and so on).

I could easily do it using Wait() but in bg logic it's impossible to use wait instruction.

• An easy way to time in BG logic is to constantly increment a counter. The counter value will equal the number of scans. So if your scan time is 8 ms then 250 scans = 2 seconds. When your counter reaches 250 reverse your output state and reset the counter to 0. Now you have a flashing output.

• But won't this work for 2 secs only when the light is on? I want it to be off for 2 secs too.

Edit: nevermind I already got that working by adding another counter. Thanks for help.

Edited 2 times, last by Nvm123 ().

• Tip#1: Use heartbeat signal and small logic to do it.

Tip#2: Use $FAST_CLOCK internal system clock to count 2 sec and do what you need.

Tip#3: Use TIMERS

Timer probably the easiest way. Just do smth like this

IF TIMER>0 AND TIMER<2

stay ON

ENDIF

IF TIMER>2AND TIMER<4

stay OFF

ENDIF

IF TIMER>4

TIMER RESET

ENDIF

• You can get it to work with a single counter by reversing the output state:

: IF R[x:counter]>250, (DO[x]=!DO[x]);

Thanks, exactly what I was searching for.... but there is a little syntax flaw:

: IF R[x:counter]>250, DO[x]=(!DO[x]);

• I am very new to the robotics field and want to use BG Logic. I have a similar problem as you had.

I want to create a heartbeat as soon as the cycle starts. I had read all the suggestions below but was not able to code it correctly in my tp.

Can you please tell me how did you used the counter with a proper syntax.

Thanks in advance.

• Fanuc have a heartbeat. Menu > I/O > Cell Interface

Counter with Fanuc heartbeat:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

DO[1000] = Fanuc heartbeat

F[1] = Auxiliar flag

• As scotty already said, use fanuc heartbeat signal.

Press the [MENU] key and select "I/O". Then press F1, [TYPE] and select "Cell Interface". In the output screen ("IN/OUT") you will find “7 Heartbeat signal”. 7 Heartbeat signal. To allocate the signal, press F2, "CONFIG".

If you want change “Heartbeat timing”:

Press the [MENU] key. Select “6 SETUP” then "1 Prog Select". Type value in milliseconds.

For more information, please refer to the OPERATOR’S MANUAL (Basic Function) B-83284EN/10.

Advertising from our partners