Workspace Cartesian Problem??

• Hello,

I have one big workspace Cartesian (WorkspaceMain) for the robot to work inside and has the mode #OUTSIDE_STOP, but I also have another very small Workspace Cartesian (WorkspaceSmall) inside my main workspace, but the mode for WorkspaceSmall is set to #INSIDE for now.

And when I want to enter this WorkspaceSmall and work inside there I also want to change the mode to #OUTSIDE_STOP.

When i change the mode to #OUTSIDE_STOP when inside the WorkspaceSmall the robot tell me that i violates WorkspaceSmall without even moving the robot yet. When #INSIDE mode is active it works just fine and the SIGNAL that i use sets to false as soon as I exit the Workspace...

At first i thought that I needed to deactivate my Main Workspace before changing the mode but same result...

I Checked the origin position and all coordinates with the specific tool and base I used...

Its a tiny Cubic (Cartesian) Workspace with the origin right in the middle.

All Coordinates X,Y and Z has 10mm in minus and plus.

All A,B and C are set to Zero.

So my question, what im a doing wrong or did not think of?

Is there any limit on how small the workspace can be?

Or can I have 1 workspace inside another?:thinking_face:

Any advice or help would be kind :smiling_face:

SYSTEM:

KSS 8.3

KR C4 Compact

KR6R900 sixx

Kind Regards<br /><br />ApacheKaplan21

• ApacheKaplan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Workspace Cartesian” to “Workspace Cartesian Problem??”.
  • With the newer KSS releases, I believe the Cartesian workspaces are checking not just the TCP, but also the center of the wrist (intersection of A4,5,6) for being inside the workspace. So if your small workspace is smaller than the distance between your TCP and the wrist center, this might explain it.

• SKYFIRE:

Yes you where right!

Changing the X+ Value in my workspace so that it matches the distance between my TCP and and the wrist center made the workspace work!

I also could make Y and Z smaller in both directions with no problem at all.

Couldn't find any info about this in the documents...:thinking_face:

Thanks for the fast response! Problem Solved tho! :smiling_face::thumbs_up:

• what document and version you are using? this is documented in programming manual for system integrator (KSS_83_SI_en.pdf)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• PANIC MODE:

I have checked the document you mentioned in the Workspace section 6.11 of the manual. But did not find any of the information SkyFire mentioned...

Do you have ny idea what page exacly?

• what version of manual you have?

for example "Mode for worskspaces" is on:

page 176 of document V4 from 2015

page 178 of document V6 from 2017

page 182 of document V7 from 2018

etc.

"#OUTSIDE_STOP, Cartesian workspace: The defined output is set if the TCP or flange is located outside the workspace."

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners