Robot Must Be Calibrated

• Hello:

Fanuc 30iB Mate Plus Controller with a 6-axis 200iD

TP displays no axis positions and message prompts "Robot must be calibrated."

Trying to understand what would cause this and looking for a procedure in the docs.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike423

• Reportedly, the robot was powered off for 3 weeks. The robot is 18 months old. I will check into the search term you supplied. Thanks for the reply.

• I've had multiple issues with the LR Mate 200iD models when there were power outage/glitches while the robot was in motion. These robots seem to have an design that is more susceptible to issues at power outage. I think they use 24VDC brakes as opposed to 90VDC so this likely is the reason we get many SRVO-038 alarms only on this model when others on the same power buss don't experience it. Another possibility is someone moved one or more joints of the arm with the power off. With an LRMate that doesn't require much effort.

If someone has partially resolved the SRVO-038 alarm (cleared the pulse coder alarm, reset master done variable to true) that may be how you ended up where you are at. MENU-0-6 System-Master/Cal-6 Calibrate should resolve your issue if that's all it is. Check your alarm screen MENU-4 ALARM to see what is all amiss.

Advertising from our partners