Jumper plug for kuka SIB X13 and x42

• Hello together,

I'm working on a project for spot welding with two kuka robots.

The controller is equipped with SIB EXTENDED x13 and x42.

The problem is that i have no jumper plug to be able to move the robots. The doc. of the robots came with jumper plug schematic for x11, which phisically is not on the controller.:smiling_face:

Can anyone help me with a schematic for a jumper plug for x13?

Thanks!

• If X13 is inatalled, there must be X11 as well. X13 doesn't go without X11

X13 does not need jumper plug, just deactivate SafeOp

X11 does not need jumper plug to move robot. Just activate StartUp mode.

Purpose of these interfaces is not to force you to use some jumper plugs, it is to allow you to create meaningful safety circuits.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Okay, let's back up here: as listed in the READ FIRST topic, we need to know:

1. Controller type

2. KSS version

3. KRC options (in particular, the exact SafeOp option, but a list of the other options would be helpful)

4. "Special" model -- some KRCs are made to custom spec by KUKA for particular customers, with non-standard hardware beyond the option packages -- for example, KRC1s for GM used to have the X11 replaced with a connector called CC1, which performed the same service but had different wiring. We need to know if this KRC is something non-standard like this

• as mentioned, read pinned topic READ FIRST and make sure you stick to the guidelines (no duplicate posts, no oversized attachments, post system info etc)

KRC4 has 4 options for safety interface:

1. X11 (with or without X13)

2. ProfiSafe (requires ProfiNet and Safety PLC)

3. CIP Safety (requires EthernetIP and Safety PLC)

4. FSoE (requires Kuka bridge and Safety PLC)

I am not aware of any other option, specially with ProfiNet because one cannot choose 16 safe IO, it is either 0 or 64.

Setting 0 means no ProfiSafe at all (an no basic safety, such as on X11).

Setting 64 means ProfiSafe with basic and extended safety so this would clash with X13 signals.

So unless Kuka produced something new, this is not a valid configuration.

SafeOperation can be deactivated either from smartPad or by deploying WoV project

from smartPad:

login as Safety Maintenance, go to Safety Configuration and under "Global parameters" turn off safe monitoring,

from WoV:

install correct version of WorkVisual, configure it correctly (import KOPs and DTMs), get working project from controller, save it, save it as new file, open Safety control, open "Global parameters" tab and remove checkmark from safe monitoring, deploy and activate project, then activate safety configuration.

• Actual LIST would be more helpful than a fuzzy photo. When taking an Archive of the robot, the file AM.INI will include KSS version, robot serial #, and list of all TPs and their versions.

Renault is a non-standard KRC. Since this KRC appears to have only SafeRangeMonitoring (I'm guessing a bit from the photo), I'm going to guess that X13 in this case is actually performing the X11 duty. But that's only a guess. The KRC should have come from KUKA with an internal electrical diagram that includes the correct wiring for this controller's jumper plug. It may be in one of the appendices -- often KUKA electrical diagrams will have the "stock" controller in the main pages, with the various "customizations" and options in the appendices.

If the diagrams delivered with this KRC do not include said diagram(s), then you need to to contact KUKA tech support, b/c it would appear they packaged the wrong information with this controller.

• i edited his bloated attachments and marked key points.

screenshot of WoV shows that his controller should have X11

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners