HOW SET THE POSITIONER SPEED SIGNAL FOR E_CONTROLLER (welding)

• Hi guys

I would like to know how to adjust the positioner speed for the STWC-STWE (deg / s) functions? and I want to use for an external axis rotating jt8?

I will use submerged arc welding for a tube.

I have already set the dedicated signal output, the program is good but I can not use the axis in k-roset.

cordially

Edited once, last by socom974 ().

• Welcome to the forum...…………:beerchug:

As far as I'm aware, the positioner configuration is just communication signals to a positional controller.

This Controller then controls the positioner independent to Kawasaki motion.

(ie like a variable speed drive controlling the motor of a conveyor - The Kawasaki just sends an enable and speed request to it).

I don't think the function STWC/STWE commands are intended to control an external axis attached/configured within the Kawasaki.

I maybe incorrect in this as I am just reading the operation manual and all it references to is:

- Sending a Positioner ON signal (which I think is just an enable signal to turn on the positioner).

- Sending speed signals (8bits) using dedicated outputs (a BCD value sent to the positioner).

- The positioner then runs at the BCD value configured speed.

- The robot will use the time value set in the STWC/STWE commands respectively to apply the weld.

- Using parameters either configured in the weld condition if using BLOCK or via the W1SET/W2SET commands if using it in AS.

- It will carry on welding until either the program ceases the weld, or if a STOP signal is received on the dedicated input if allocated.

If you were intending to configure the positioner as an external axis and control this (and the exact position of it), then I don't think the STWC/STWE commands apply in that scenario as you would set the external axis to operate in cooperative mode which will synchronise the external axis with JT1-JT6 respectively therefore the external axis positions are included in the path of the robot JT1-JT6.

What is your intention:

1. To Control the actual position of the positioner and speed.

2. To just rotate the positioner.

• Hello and thank you for integrating your forum. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I want to control the actual position of the positioner and its speed.

But when i use c1wc and c2we, the gun rotates around the tube, and it does not stay in the position for submerged arc welding.

I may have forgotten a function.

• In that case, yes I think the STWC and STWE commands do not apply in that scenario.

In KROSET, have you configured your external axis then and setup the cooperative function?

- Without that, you would not have synchronisation between the robot JT1-JT6 positions and positioner.

• In KROSET, you need to use the 'Wizard to set external axis' plugin in order to setup an external axis within your project or else your system will just be a standard 6 axis system.

When setup, correctly (you will also require a suitable stl to represent an external axis), you could then jog the external axis and interface with it in terms of speed and taught locations just as you would on a live controller.

• When you said that the wizard automatically set the axis parameter and setup correctly, I understood that it was my fault.

I check carefully all my layout and I see a teach-point not included in my work1, it remains in the plan of the robot. The data of the joints were falsifying.:computerhit::uglyhammer2:

• I've been playing around with KROSET in reference to the STWC and STWE commands and they do work as per dedicated signals and parameters set.

However, any external axis added is always connected to the Kawasaki Controller, so I cannot simulate true STWC/STWE commands on a rotational model.

My simplistic opinion of submerged arc weld AS code using STWC and STWE commands would be:

W1SET 1 = 100,120,60,0,0,0

W2SET 1 = 1, 80,60

HOME

JAPPRO weld_start,10

LWS weld_start,1

STWC 5,1,10 ; Turn on Positioner Signal, Speed BCD 5, Weld Cond 1, Duration 10s

STWE 0,1,1,0; Speed BCD 0, Weld Cond1, Weld Crater, Duration 0s, Turn off positioner signal

LDEPART 10

HOME

The external axis can be set as an external positioner or as a spin axis, however in KROSET, I do know the spin axis commands work, but do not rotate your live model, so I cannot utilize the spin axis either to reflect the true simulation of the application by just turning a motor on and off and controlling the speed.

If you or someone has accomplished this, I would love to see it.

From my perspective, you could create a simulation of what you would expect to see, but from a code perspective, I don't think it could be achieved in KROSET as a direct code that you could transfer to the Controller.

This is bugbear of mine, KROSET does not have the ability of simulating the spin axis or as this topic is related to STWC and STWE, a way of simulating this too.

Again, if you or anyone else has achieved, this I would love to see it.

• You made me curious to see if STWC and STWE could be used in KROSET and simulated.

It can be, but not exactly as you would use in real robot.

I had to use the 'Action' function to rotate the model based on the BCD signals sent by the STWC and STWE commands.

Attached are 2 videos:

1. Using Configured External Axis (without STWC/STWE Commands).

- But shows Arc Weld Path and just from watching video, could 'cheat' people into thinking this is stationary welding.

2. By using 'Action' function and just a rotating model and weld at stationary position (This uses STWC/STWE commands).

- But cannot display Arc weld path as only welding at stationary position.

Advertising from our partners