RobotStudio, disappearing data from system modules

• Hi all,

I have an station with two different tasks in RobotStudio.

I have declared a tooldata on the system module User in task1:

TASK PERS tooldata tool1:=[TRUE,[[100,-0.304298,39.2869],[0.70711,0,0.70711,0]],[0.7,[0,0,30],[1,0,0,0],0,0,0]];

Then, I have declared the tooldata on task2, also in the system module User, in order to share the tooldata between the two tasks.

PERS tooldata tool1;

All works fine. But when I save the station, close it and open it again, the data from the user in Task2 is gone. I still have the reg1, reg2... declared by default though.

I'm using IRC5 compact controller with robotware 6.03 on a IRB120.

How can i fix this?

Thank you

• I believe the problem lies in declaring the tooldata in Task 1 as " TASK PERS". By definition, that data now exists only within that task. I would imagine that both need to be PERS only. This way the data is shared globally, but assigned it's value only in your main task.

• Hi RGarrison81, thank you for your reply.

I tried what you suggested but the problem still happens. It's like whenever i close and open the station, the data I wrote in User on task2 is erased and I end up with a "default" user module:

User module on task2 before saving:

Code
    MODULE user (SYSMODULE)

PERS tooldata tool1;

ENDMODULE

Same module after saving the station, closing robotStudio and opening the station again:

I've tried creating a new system module and this time de data remains the same. It looks like the problem is only with the user module.

Regards

Edited once, last by NiNok ().

• Did you save it back to the HOME directory before restarting?

Hello Lemster68

No, I haven't save it to the HOME directory, is it necessary for the User module?

Are you saving the tool1 in a non motion task, or do you have multimove?

Hello TSBV

I have declared tool1 with the initial value in the main motion task TRob1 and then declared it again as PERS tooldata without initial value on the second task, wich is semistatic.

Advertising from our partners