iRVision R30iB problems

• Hello,

Unfortunately we are having some problems with the iRVision system. We are having an R30iB Mate controller with a Sony XC56 camera. It seems the connection breaks between the controller and the camera. See the attached pictures. The system was running fine for around 1 year or so.
    We have replaced the camera and the cable with no result. Sometimes it works normally, sometimes it works like in the attached pictures. All the adjustable dipswitches are set like is described in the manual. We have another 20 robots, same application, same version of software/hardware etc. working ok.
    What we've done until now:

- replace camera.

- replace cable.

- measure camera temperature - 30 degrees C.

- idle_cpu is around 80.

- camera cable is shieldied in the controller.
    - camera cable is no near frequency inverters, motors, industrial equipment with magnetic field.

• The pictures look over exposed. If you had a broken connection there would be no picture.

Check your exposure settings and make sure there isn't an exposure override changing that setting. Then make sure you have stable controlled lighting conditions.

• We've seen some issues like this with cameras when lights overhead of the camera were replaced due to their brightness vs the old bulbs. Do you use red light on this system? We use red light to reduce glare and if the red light does not come on when it should you could end up with glare like this. It does seem to be related to over exposure or lighting though.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• Thank you all for your response, but after reading my post again and looking at the pictures I think my answer would be the same as yours: overexposure problems.
    So let me add some more info:

- we are using infrared lighting, but the the problem appears even if the ringlight is turned off.
    - in the "nok2_pic" image there is a "crop" (missing pixels) at the middle of the image. This black line can appear in other places of the image also (can be bigger or smaller), but it's always on horizontal direction.
    - all the programs are aborted, the exposure time is Fixed in the vision process. Even if it's an Override instruction somewhere in the program, it cannot be executed because no program is running.
    - the system works ok for days, then it starts to do this kind of problems, then it works ok again.
    - the picture are taken from SNAP&FIND from IE, but it's the same with black lines in iRVision Runtime page.

I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with main board...

• The only thing I can think of is electrical interference or something wrong with the controller like you said.

Another possible option is to upgrade to a digital camera such as the Kowa or Basler.

Advertising from our partners