Kuka Servomotor Info

• Hello,

I have 2 servomotors from KUKA for which I still need some information.

I already have an Excel-file (from Kuka Augsburg) but it does not contain all the data.

I am looking for this data for both Servo motors.

EMK

Winding resistance

Number of poles

Torque constant

Voltage constant

Moment of inertia (With brake)

Servo motor 1FK6100-8AF91-1ZZ9-Z S09:

Brushless servo motor

1FK6100-8AF91-1ZZ9-Z S09

No. E: K550 0225 41 021

600V 3000/4200 / min

3.77kW 9.5A

Art. number: 69-225-463

Servo motor KK53Y-YYYY-017:

AC Servo motor

KK53Y-YYYY-017

No. E: 98F19060

600V 3000 rpm

2.83kW 5.7A

Art number: 69-225-464

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

With best regards,

Dimko

• Well if you would search this forum, you would probably find questions of a similar nature. The answer is always the same: The kuka motors are re-branded siemens motors so you could use the serial numbers to find data on the siemens website.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Hi Leon,

Yes i know these are siemens servo's.

I have already searched for these types and have found specifications for the servos. But I have been told that servo's with a "Z" deviate from the standard version.

So i don't know if the specifications i have or accurate.

And contacted siemens about this, but they say they have a contract with Kuka and they may not release this information.

But no worries, i keep on searching :smiling_face:

• you can download siemens servo motor catalog and see EXACTLY how article number is composed. if you searched this forum you would already know that.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Well, i found out that servomotor KK53Y-YYYY-017 is NOT from Siemens.

It's from "Pacific Sientific". Dimensions or exact the same.

Now i'm looking for some resolver info.

1FK6100 Resolver

Siemens – Tyco

V23401-T2614-D209

Funkt.Geb 4-Speed

KK53Y Resolver

Siemens – Tyco

V23401-H4003-B209

Funkt.Geb 3-Speed

I have been in contact with Siemens and TYCO, but they don't have any info for these resolvers.

Does anyone know the voltage or kHz these resolver need?

Big thanks!!!

• Ok thanks man! So both resolvers need 18V.

I have a Beckhoff servodrive and want to connect these motors directly.

Drive has a resolver feedback. And that is why I needed some extra info from the resolvers.

The large servo 1FK6100 has already worked on the beckhoff drive even the resolver feedback data was readable.

But this was not with 18V, I believe 5V. It was indeed a bit of guesswork.

Thanks to the extra info from Panic Mode, I can enter the correct data in the drive. Thanks Bro !!

• This is an old KRC2 manual KUKA used to provide to people who wanted to use non-KUKA motors on KRCs. It's definitely a "use at your own risk" thing, but I know that Exlar made servo units that would plug directly into a KRC2... but they wouldn't work with a KRC4 (the issue wasn't hardware, but software). Please don't ask me how I know this.... :wallbash:

• magnitude of excitation depends on input range of ADC that is used for sampling. technically one can use high resolution ADC with low range. i guess KUKA had reason to choose higher voltage, maybe to combat voltage drops due cable lengths, number of cascaded connectors etc.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hey guys, i did some legwork this weekend and found this pdf about the resolvers. They are talking about 16Vpp. Does that seem familiar?

Edited once, last by Dimko45 ().

• Nope i think because it is a kuka collage document it is not allowed on the forum as stated in the forum rules. it is copyright protected and it can lead to being banned.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• KUKA is pretty easygoing about people posting their regular manuals, b/c they give those away to people who buy the related products.

However, their training manuals, and certain internal-only documents, they are not easygoing about. So the moderators have to try to keep those documents from being posted in the forum.

• Ok I will certainly take it into account in the future.

But now I am a bit confused. In one manual they speak of 16Vpp and the other 4.5Vpp to 7Vpp.

Sine--wave generator:

"The input voltage is a square--wave voltage from the processor. The frequency of 8 kHz is

therefore determined by the software.

The amplitude can be set by software in the range from 4.5 Vpp to 7 Vpp by means of an

EE--potentiometer.

The square--wave voltage is converted to sine--wave voltage by filters.

The maximum output current is 200 mA rms (corresponding to themaximum load with 8 resolvers).

The output is thermally protected against short--circuits."

• resolver is just a transformer. the higher the input voltage, the higher the output voltage (for the same resolver position).

there are several generations of RDCs and it is unclear which specific one you are talking about.

excitation signal generated by RDC has to match the input stages of THAT converter. signal it produces is used by its own inputs and not some other piece of equipment. in other words why does it matter what the details are? and if you really care, it is simple - get an oscilloscope.

last time i heard about EE-potentiometer was years ago (KRC1). same goes for signal shaping. today's electronics have more memory and faster clocks - one can easier generate desired shape using other methods like LUT or direct synthesis. this means a lot simpler filter hardware - single stage RC element is enough. getting sine wave from square signal is not so easy, it requires quite good filter.

so where is this heading anyway?

3) read 1 and 2

• I just wanted to find the right input voltage for the resolvers, so that I can properly set up my new servodrive. I do not need the RDC, the resolver can be connected directly to the drive. The drive will supply a voltage to the resolver. Same for tempaturesensor, directly connected to drive.

But you are right, if there are several RDCs, it is difficult to know what voltage it supplies to the resolvers.

• if the servo drive you have comes with resolver input, that's something you would use as is, not hack into and try to change amplitude or frequency. specs of another product (Kuka RDC) are irrelevant here.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners