How to pre-set of Tool# after KRC restart?

• Hi,

Please i need set corect output signal of cartesian workspace right after KRC4 restart.

All i need is setup the TOOL nr. 1 after robot restart or cold start.

Could you help how?

Martin

• "After restart"? Do you mean a Cold Boot?

I'm honestly not certain there's a way to do this -- on a Cold Boot, only the SPS will be running, and the SPS cannot change $TOOL.

I can see three simple options:

1. Create a subroutine in the SPS that takes $POS_ACT_MES, pose-multiplies it by the inverse of $TOOL, then pose-multiplies that result by TOOL_DATA[1], then checks the result against the boundaries of the Cartesian Workspace. This would depend on the SPS starting.

2. Create a second Cartesian Workspace that is a duplicate of the first, but using Tool 0 instead of Tool 1, and logically OR their outputs at whatever external system is receiving these signals.

3. Use an Axis workspace instead of a Cartesian.

• 2. Create a second Cartesian Workspace that is a duplicate of the first, but using Tool 0 instead of Tool 1, and logically OR their outputs at whatever external system is receiving these signals.

=> After cold start is on KCP pictogram "T?", not "T0".

3. Use an Axis workspace instead of a Cartesian.

=> Not posibile, it need "cubic" space.

• check manual, KSS8.3 already monitors 2-3 points when using Cartesian spaces.

:smiling_face: Manual is the first place where i searching.

1st point = Flange

2nd point = TCP

Mode = #Inside

2nd point is crucial because depend on Actual TOOL which is unknown after KRC powerfault ...

I using this signal as interlock for other manipulator interacting with robot.

• Are you cold-booting this robot for a reason? You could consider setting the robot to Warm Boot (Hibernate) instead -- that should have the robot reboot in exactly the condition ($TOOL, $BASE, program line, etc) as when it powered down.

Hm... when the robot has been freshly Cold Booted, and shows T?, is $POS_ACT_MES showing invalid data? If so, the SPS solution might still work, but you would need to use the FORWARD function to generate the position of the Flange from $AXIS_ACT_MEAS, then pose-multiply that by the TOOL_DATA value of your Tool.

Another option... do you have SafeOp? I generally prefer not to use SafeOp for anything other than human safety, but SafeOp is always aware of the location of the Safety Tool relative to any Safety Space, regardless of the robot's running condition.

Advertising from our partners