RoboDK and Kuka Robots

• Hi, is anyone using RoboDK with kuka robots, I have access to an Agilus and an LBR. Do you think it is useful and you can do advanced stuff with it, in order to invest time learning how it works? Any limitations?

• Really depends on what you want to do. I've only used RDK's free version, and that only slightly, but it seems decent for doing basic layouts and reach studies. For creating off-line programs that can be exported directly to a robot, I'm pretty sure you need the paid version.

If nothing else, the free version seems like a good, cheap way to get a handle on the benefits and limitations of simulation.

• Hi there,

Just a little correction here.

For creating off-line programs that can be exported directly to a robot, I'm pretty sure you need the paid version.

The free version allows pretty much the same features as the paid version. You can create advanced, offline path with the free version. The only limitation is the number of lines you can output to your robot controller.
    Obviously we want people to be able to try our software and see its power before buying, but we don't want them to just put the free version on a VM and reset the free license every day. Hehe.

RoboDK - Simulation and Offline programming software for industrial and collaborative robots.

Visit us at RoboDK.com
    Take a look at our tutorial videos on our YouTube channel.

Advertising from our partners