Robot Motions, Program start is blocked

• Hi,

I am new to the forum so kindly excuse any misconceptions and misunderstandings of forum rules.

My KUKA robot is down due to some reason.

The contents of programs are not accessible. Hence we are unable to run the machine.

On the message page it says.

KSS00203 General Motion enable

Effect: Ramp-Down Braking

Input of active commands (Robot motions, Program start is blocked)

I have attached the pictures of the messages as well.

Prompt responses will be highly appreciated.

• Hello,

did you uninstall any Technology Package?

No..Did not do anything.

Production ended normally yesterday. Today we could not load the program as mentioned in the attached picture in the original thread.

• My first suggestion will be to do a fast check-up. Compare the whole current program files with your last Backup.

Normally, after a robot is (re)commissioned it is recommended to have an image copy. Do you have any current one?

• My first suggestion will be to do a fast check-up. Compare the whole current program files with your last Backup.

Normally, after a robot is (re)commissioned it is recommended to have an image copy. Do you have any current one?

Are you talking about the whole hard drive image or just the archive files?

I have both.

• Did you look in to the System folder? if config.dat is crossed, then everything else will be like in your picture(any other program....), if it is you can take config.dat from your working backup archive....

no. it is not crossed. Means that it is in good health.

• Anything you do could make difference.... and that means result could be better or worse than what you have new.

Smart thing is to always make a backup before doing any work. The more diverse forms off backup the better .. archive, krcdiag, hdd image.

Then. I would check logs and compare current archive with good one.

Things like shown in your screenshot could be caused by many things. For example:

1. Incorrect initial setup or programming. Just because robot was in production, does not mean that things were good. Maybe this was never meant to survive cold boor.

2 changed tech package, (added, removed,. )

3. File corruption, maybe caused by buggy software, poor maintenance (never replaced batteries), failing hdd etc

4. User action, changing files or settings, trying to deploy wrong backup, etc

5. Transient.

And many more

You are making mistake by:

1. Not reading pinned topic and still making posts (there is a lot of info that will help you get help)

2. Not showing system info, KSS, tech options

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• No..Did not do anything.

Production ended normally yesterday. Today we could not load the program as mentioned in the attached picture in the original thread.

"Ended" how? Was the robot halted, powered down, other? Cold boot or Hibernate?

"Could not load the program" -- again, details -- was this simply a reboot? Or were you trying to load new files?

If you haven't made any program changes since your last Archive, you could probably just do a Restore of that Archive.

Other option: make a fresh Archive, and use a program like WinMerge or KDiff3 to do a full comparison between the new Archive and one made from when the robot was still operating properly. This will highlight any files that have differences, and will allow you to examine the differences in detail. There will be differences that are irrelevant (mostly changes to variable values), you will want to look for serious formatting changes. Given how many of your files appear to be showing Linking errors, most likely the file corruption happened to a "core" file -- $CONFIG.DAT, BAS.SRC, or some other file in either the SYSTEM directory or possibly in the TP directory tree.

• Did you look in to the System folder? if config.dat is crossed, then everything else will be like in your picture(any other program....), if it is you can take config.dat from your working backup archive....

Did exactly that even though the config.dat file seemed ok.

After retrieving only config.dat file from the healthy archive, problem was resolved.

Thanks a bunch for pointing me to the right direction.

• If you use some technology packs in your programs, variables of that tech packs can be also declared in config.dat, but config.dat wont be crossed out... but your programs can be, if they are using the code from that packs... so from my opinion some variables went missing from config.dat...

• Checked it's not active ,what to do ?

What mode are you running the robot in? If you are running in external mode, it is normal to get this error. normally default values should be set. If it is installed as a system, do not change this value, look at the rest of the system. Maybe this signal is not coming from plc. But if you are going to set up a new cell, you can move the robot if you set it to its default value.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

Advertising from our partners