How do I add a Duaro 2 robot to K-ROSET?

• Have you looked in the Kawasaki/Hisui/Documents folder for the Duaro Handling project manual?

- This is normally installed as standard with KROSET.

- It goes through the setup of this.

- It normally resides in Handling(Special) in the application drop down window when you add a robot.

• Have you looked in the Kawasaki/Hisui/Documents folder for the Duaro Handling project manual?

- This is normally installed as standard with KROSET.

- It goes through the setup of this.

- It normally resides in Handling(Special) in the application drop down window when you add a robot.

Thank you for the reply. I do not have a Handling(Special) section in the drop down windows for adding a robot. I was able to find the robot file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kawasaki\K-ROSET\Hisui\KHIlibraries\Robots\Standard folder. However, whenever I load in any variation of a Duaro robot, it gives me a "cannot connect to controller" error, and all of my settings on the bottom of the screen in the controller tab are greyed out.

• Duaro has been included as standard since version 1.7.2, and the fact it is present in the standard robots folder suggests it is there.

Are you using the 'Lite' version or have you got a trial license or using a USB Key?

Can you post some screenshots of your robot selection process you are attempting?

• Duaro has been included as standard since version 1.7.2, and the fact it is present in the standard robots folder suggests it is there.

Are you using the 'Lite' version or have you got a trial license or using a USB Key?

Can you post some screenshots of your robot selection process you are attempting?

I am using a trial version that I got directly from Kawasaki to run a simulation on a robot that they supplied to our customer. I definitely do not have that Handling(Special) category on my install. I'll attach a picture of what I do have for selection, and also the error I am getting when I manually open the robot file.

• Strange...….:hmmm:, your version appears different to mine.

Attached is a screenshot of my help/version information, is yours earlier or later?

If it is later, I suspect Kawasaki may have removed it, and would advise you to contact them and inform them Duaro is missing.

What happens if you select the open robot file option, navigate to the KHi Library, robots, standard and locate the WD model, does that work?

• Here is my version. It appears to be slightly newer, but I find it hard to believe Kawasaki would remove this functionality in such a minor revision update. I am in contact with the Kawasaki employee who gave me the software, so hopefully we can work through it.

That is what I have been doing. Open robot file, navigate to that directory, add the robot. It loads the model in just fine but always gives me that error.

I tried reinstalling the software today and on the install dialogue, I did a custom install and made sure that the handling(special) option was installed. It still isn't showing up under my add robot screen though.

• Yes, you are on a newer version.

I have just installed the same version as you, and have Handling (Special) as an application to select the Duaro.

I notice you are using a 'trail license' though, I myself use a fully licensed USB which includes the Duaro application.

I suspect your 'trial license' may not include Duaro license.

You need to speak to your Kawasaki Rep and ask/confirm whether Durao was included in the trial license file obtained from KHI.

I would be interested to know if this is the case?

If possible, to test my theory.

- If you install KROSET onto another PC (without the trial file obviously), this would make KROSET operate in Lite Mode.

- In this mode, you should have Handling(Special) available, but with limited function.

If in Lite mode, you can, then it proves Trial License does not include Duaro…….

(I have tested this on my newer version in Lite Mode and this is the case).

• You are absolutely correct! I removed my license key and opened my program with the Duaro robot. It powered up and connected the controller just fine. I then tried re-adding the license file and the error came back. So it would appear that my trial license is limited. Hah!

Thank you for the help. I will have to get in contact with Kawasaki to get a new trial key.

• I had a feeling this was the case, but without myself having a 'trial license', I couldn't be 100%.

An oversight on Kawasaki's part.....still, if you can give them the feedback, I am sure they will rectify it.

In Lite mode, there are many limitations (which are usually directed to the KROSET Cell environment), it maybe you can use the Lite version to at least have a play around with some of the functionality.

Duaro is designed to be used via a tablet (which requires the correct app to be installed) and I know KROSET does have the availability for you to use the tablet in conjunction with KROSET and configured network(s) of your tablet/local machine to control the Duaro in KROSET via your tablet.

However, I have never tested it in Lite mode whether it hooks up or not, but the options all appear to be there including all the standard built in programs to communicate, so I should think it'll work just fine.

If I get sometime, I think I'll try it out now you've raised the question and let you know...….

• I've just been using my tablet with Duaro in Lite mode (just a quick comms test and checking motion) and all appears to be working, haven't tried any programs as such though, but I think from a 'familiarisation' perspective all appears in order.....:top:

You may require to adjust the software version to match the version of the tablet too in order to establish comms…..:justice:

It's quite surreal actually moving a virtual robot on a PC using a tablet as it's very responsive indeed.

I can see people spending hours on this for sure...…

Hope you can get the trial sorted, but in the interim, the Lite mode will give you some usability at least...

Advertising from our partners