KSS UPDATE

• hello all

I'm wondering to know is it possible to perform software update KRC4 controller from 8.3.37 to V8.5.7 HF1?

I have already copied 'KRC_Release' file from the newer robot to our 8.3 robot and tried software update from the network according to document but I don't know why at the end KRC can't start.

any comments are highly appreciated

• As Panic says. Usually such an upgrade involves getting an entire KSR recovery image from KUKA, and using the KSR USB stick to completely erase and re-create the robot (it goes without saying you should take a full Archive and KSR backup first).

• ... and that requires new license and a price tag of few thousands of $.

and if there are options installed, most of them would need to be replaced as well (also new license $).

Kuka reserves the right to wave that in certain cases, if system is under warranty and there is a critical bug for example that cannot be resolved in reasonable time.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Free upgrades are for cases where only minor version or build number changes. Those are 3rd and 4th number in version.

First two numbers represent major version such as KSS version 8 3.x.x or 8.5.x.x All licenses are tied to major version. You can see licenses inside cabinet, on the right wall, next to backup namplate

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• What would your reasons be for changing from 8.3 to 8.5?

If you are going to goto the expense of doing this I'd recommend contacting kuka for an upgrade to 8.6 as this will bring you onto the windows 10 platform (win 7 is going unsupported)

Along with this upgrade kuka will update 3 tech packs inclusive in the price

I did this recently and it cost around £5 grand, and that includes a tech coming and replacing the old pc for a new one

Where can I download the minor versions from?

You need to talk to KUKA. No open download somewhere. At best also include information on all techonlogy packages you licensed. This helps KUKA to define which update would be best for you and which additional packages might need an upgrade as well. I would prepare a KRCDiag and send it to KUKA so nothing can be overlooked.

Fubini

• hello all

I'm wondering to know is it possible to perform software update KRC4 controller from 8.3.37 to V8.5.7 HF1?

I have already copied 'KRC_Release' file from the newer robot to our 8.3 robot and tried software update from the network according to document but I don't know why at the end KRC can't start.

any comments are highly appreciated

When you have folder KRC_Release, You need just to open setup.exe and install system...

• You need just to open setup.exe and install system...

But first check if your licence covers this. And if it covers it you would not need to do it like that but could ask KUKA for the installation sources (including necessary windows image). Also there a limitiations on what upgrades are possible depending on the mainboard version (MCC). So talk to KUKA to be sure.

• But first check if your licence covers this. And if it covers it you would not need to do it like that but could ask KUKA for the installation sources (including necessary windows image). Also there a limitiations on what upgrades are possible depending on the mainboard version (MCC). So talk to KUKA to be sure.

As Fubini wrote, if you are unsure whether your license includes updates, please contact KUKA.

From a technical point of view, if the license is correct (includes update).. in the KUKA_Release folder there is a complete installation of the "new" KSS.

• Hi everyone!

Simple question, where i can check mainboard version? I did't find everething outside PC. Inside PC the mainboard has sticker with D3445-K11 GS2.

CPU-z shows info in picture bellow:

No information regarding MCC 20...40

• motherboard is part of MCC.

MCC includes motherboard, PSU, RAM, etc. (it is a KPC)

You can check for details on Xpert.

WoV help shows how to decode KUKA stickers, including article, serial and hardware version

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners